cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else having problems receiving text messages with their Evo 4G?

Journeyman

I just bought the htc Evo 4G a couple days ago and are a new Sprint customer. Since I have had this phone, I have not been able to receive text messages on this phone, but I am able to send them out. I only seem to be getting text messages if somebody calls me or I make a call; then all the text messages I wasn't receiving come in. i have called sprint twice within these 4 days and spent more than an hour each time with the technical support, and not one of these people can tell me what is wrong with my phone, and they are denying any outage problems in my area ( I live in Illinois). I am fed up with Sprints lack of knowledge as to what is wrong with my phone. I know a lot of people that also have sprint that live in the same city as I do, and they don't seem to be having any problems. I am convinced that there is an issue with my phone, although this is a brand new phone and I just got it 4 days ago. I am taking my phone to Sprint tomorrow in hopes that they can fix the problem or simply give me a new phone that actually works. I am very disappointed with Sprint's service....

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Is anyone else having problems receiving text messages with their Evo 4G?

Also, in IL, I don't have this phone, but am having the exact same problems with the 3 phones we do have.   I called C/S last Friday (8/19), discovered an outage in our area, still it continues, I called yesterday (8/23) and spent an hour on the phone with tech support (says no outage in area) who was trying everything possible with one phone, even though I told them it was happening with all 3 of our phones. I finally gave up on tech support. Only seems to happen when we are at home, when we leave home, we get text messages.

Journeyman

Yeah I guess a lot of people are having the same issue, which makes me feel a little better because Sprint is making it seem like I'm lying because they can't figure out what the problem is with my phone and they still say there is not an outage in my area. I also can receive text messages when I leave my house as well. Seems to only not be working when I am at home. So I guess the only thing I can do is just wait it out until Sprint fixes this problem. Kinda sucks though!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issues. I'm in Lawrence, KS and this has been going on for DAYS. Its becoming a huge hassel. I have been with Sprint for 12 years and have never had a problem up until about a week ago.

Bella and Ashemoran12,

If you don't mind, could you please private message me and I will reply back with you to gather more information to resolve your issue,

Thanks,

Ray

Journeyman

ashemoran12,

I am also in Lawrence and my phone has not worked since Friday the 19th. Its been 8 days of not receiving calls or being able to send/rec texts. Did you get any answers? Is your phone working properly yet?

On Tuesday the guy at the store told me one of the towers was messed up in the storm last friday. Then today I called cust service and the rep told me the tower ticket was resolved and closed on the 23rd. I updated my phone and now its worse than ever.

This is getting old.....

Thanks!

NSandidge

Wizard

I'm sending you a private message so I can check on your issue, nsandidge.

Journeyman

im a soldier living on fort riley, ks and im having the same problem with recieving text messeges only when making a call or recieving a call.  ive called sprint customer service twice about the issue and both times i have been told well theres nothing wrong with the coverage or the tower, i guess you can still use it outside, since i rely on text messaging this is really getting old and i am tired of getting treated like im stupid from the sprint customer service people

GrandMaster

someone posted in another forum that there are tower issues in the ks areas. most likely your problems. at least the ones in the ks regions.

rule of thumb. if youre the only one having a issue with sprint and you know others with sprint and theyre NOT having any issues. then its your phone. if there are multiple people having the issue in your area and theyre all with sprint then its narrowed down to towers.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So I, like everyone else that has posted on here, am having the same problem. I live in Tn and this has been going on for months now. No one seems to be able to fix the problem. Well it's causing a huge problem for me and I'm about ready to tell Sprint goodbye!!

Wizard

MilaJai,

I'm sorry you're having issues with your EVO 4G. Have you tried any troubleshooting yet such, pulling the battery with the device on, ensuring your software on the phone is up to date (there was a previous update that corrected an issue with a small portion of EVO 4G users being unable to receive text), testing sending yourself a text message, etc.? If so could you please list all troubleshooting you've tried please, it will help me in providing best suggestion for resolving your issue. Actually, I'm going to send you a private message as well to get your personal information so I can review your account for possible issues on the network side of things.

If anyone else is having this issue, it's best to start a new thread and detail the troubleshooting steps you've performed already along with the specific symptoms you're experiencing.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat