cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else having problems today with their Evo?

Journeyman

Is anyone eles haveing issue's aside from normal with their Evo's today? My weather widgit will not work and my news widgit is shrinking. Also my phone is freezing. It all seems to started today. My wife's Evo shuts off and keeps disconecting her phone call. 

14 REPLIES
GrandMaster

For some reason my browser wouldnt work at all today until i got ahold of sprint. worked fine after that. actually it was working just fine then it just dropped all service in a area where i never have any problems.

but i havent had any of your issues.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

I have not had any problems at all today and have never had any issues like those of yours heifitz99.

Journeyman

Yes. Having trouble with weather widget always, moreso the last three days. Also, I can never seem to get the profile or PRL to update properly.

Journeyman

Not seeing any issues like that with my Evo.  Hope it isn't comin my way anytime soon.

Journeyman

My phone is having similar problems.

Did you get WeatherBug from Amazon App Store for free too? Besides the weather app, my wifi won't connect to my router anymore. No help from sprint tech support.

Journeyman

I'm not having the same problems you are. Is the weather widget one of the stock ones that came with the phone or is it a 3rd party app like Beautiful Widgets, etc.?

Overall, I stopped having miscellaneous issues and 'alerts' telling me to call Sprint due to the streaming issue that got messed up by the MR release 4 months ago (yes..... 4 months ago we received a maintenance release and were told a fix for this was in the works. Really? 4 months now and still no fix? Goes to show how 'important' existing customers are with their "flagship phone") by uninstalling all the Amazon app updates.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Is anyone else having problems today with their Evo?

Have the same problems with the weather widget the last 2 days....and the phone freezes when surfing the web started that last nite...

And I am not gonna rely on Customer Service for help...they haven't fixed a problem I have had yet

Re: Is anyone else having problems today with their Evo?

I haven't had any new problems for a while. The weather widget has been faulty for a long time so I just use an app called weather bug if I want weather info.  I know its annoying when you get the wrong location in the weather widget but its not like the phone calls people at random, ( which it used to do ).  Overall I'm happy with the EVO -  the good far out ways the bad.

Journeyman

Our entire neighborhood is having connection problems.  76247 area code.  My sons both live in Arlington, TX and are having problems.  They can make some calls, but they get error messages and get dropped calls.  My area can not make calls at all.  This has been going on for a couple of days.  I took my phone to Sprint store today.  They ordered me a new phone.  I don't think it is going to help any at all.  I have a friend who has a sprint phone and is visiting in NY....he has no problems there today.