Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to upgrade with an insurence claim?

Journeyman

Is it possible to upgrade with an insurence claim?

Hi All,

I have a Palm 800w that has the insurance on it. The keyboard is damaged and I could get it replaced under the plan but I don't really want the same phone again as I haven't been all that happy with it.

I don't know what they would offer me as a replacement anyway if they don't have that model available and I suspect they don't anymore. I would only want a Windows Mobile phone or an Android because of an app that I need.  This is my question, Is it possible to pay an upcharge in addition to the deductible and choose a different phone like the EVO or at least a Hero?

If so How much?

I'm due for an upgrade soon, would it be cheaper to  just suffer and wait?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: Is it possible to upgrade with an insurence claim?

Most likely it would be replaced with the same model. The insurance is not an upgrade program. Only if they didn't have that model would they replace it with something comparable, and it probably won't be your choice if that happens. It would either be that model they offer or wait for them to get another 800w to replace it with.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Is it possible to upgrade with an insurence claim?

If they no longer have Palm 800Ws, which I would be suprised if they did since they weren't that popular and they haven't been sold in a while, what would they consider comparable? A Palm Pre that uses an OS that isn't compatible or another make that uses Windows Mobile? I think the only one Sprint has anymore is the HTC Touch Pro2

Thanks

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat