cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my battery FRIED or does my phone have a bug??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is my battery FRIED or does my phone have a bug??

For the past couple months my phone has been randomly shutting off. When I power it back on my battery is COMPLETELY drained, even though it was just charged!! However, as long as it's on the charger this issue never occurs.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is my battery FRIED or does my phone have a bug??

Danica32, I apologize for the issues you are having. Seems like it may be the battery. I suggest to take it to a store to confirm it is the battery. If it is the battery you will have to purchase a new one because the battery is considered an assesory and is not covered under insurance.

Master

Although the Battery is not covered under insurance it is covered under warranty if your device is less then 12 months old. Your most likely going to have to contact HTC though if Sprint determines it is a bad battery. 1(866) 449-8358.

12 Month Limited Warranty

HTC Corporation (the Company) warrants to the original retail purchaser of this HTC handheld portable

cellular telephone, that should this product or any part thereof during normal consumer usage and

conditions, be proven defective in material or workmanship that results in product failure within the first

twelve (12) month period from the date of purchase, such defect(s) will be repaired or replaced (with new or

rebuilt parts) at the Company’s option, without charge for parts or labor directly related to the defect(s).

The antenna, keypad, display, rechargeable battery and battery charger, if included, are similarly warranted

for twelve (12) months from date of purchase.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue. Mine is a little over 12 months old (just out of warranty, of course). It is not the battery. The internet is full of similar stories. I have a friend with the same model EVO, and he has not had the problem...yet. We swapped batteries and my phone drained his, while his worked fine with my battery. From a full charge, I can use an app or two for about 5-10 minutes and then the phone shuts off without warning. On the 'net, you can find suggestions from removing the micro SD card, doing a hard reset which wipes off all your data, all non-factory apps, etc., but I have not yet been able to find anything that anyone says fixes it once and for all. I am hoping they will come out with a software update soon to fix the problem, but for now life with this phone is no fun. When I am next eligible for an upgrade, my plan is to "downgrade," and go back to a simple phone that will last a week or more on a charge and get off this expensive data plan for a phone that does not work as advertised.

Journeyman

Maybe try an extended battery which you can purchase on ebay I got a great deal for 2 extended batterys + 2 battery covers for $10 and its so simple charge them both up use one until its dead and replace with the other while the original charges saves time and gives MUCH more talk time1!

Journeyman

I have the same issue.  I have to carry a spare charging station with me at all times because my phone is practically useless unless its plugged in and charging.  Everytime I go to actually use my phone and it uses 3G, it shuts off within minutes.  Whether I'm on the web, texting, or on the phone, it will just shut off without warning.  When I go to reboot it, the battery is completely drained (hence the spare charging station).  This phone doesn't operate as a phone at all.  I haven't been able to find a fix for it yet either.  I've tried factory reset and unlocking the GPS and neither have done any good.

GrandMaster

then your battery is for sure having an issue..hit up amazon or ebay and pick up another one...or even a extended battery..might as well go for the gold if youre getting a new battery anyways

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat