cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there ANYWAY we can remove sprint qik, blockbuster, nascar, hero without rooting??

Journeyman

Is there ANYWAY we can remove sprint qik, blockbuster, nascar, hero without rooting??

Shame on Sprint for forcing this on us. (That's my biggest complaint so far).

To free up memory, I would LOVE to know if we can remove those programs??  Or to be extreme, can I go into root explorer and poke around the card and look for the files under that folder(i.e. nascar) and see if I can find *apk files or whatever it is and DELETE those??!!

Thanks,

lance

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

only way to get rid of them is to root the phone. sorry

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I might have to.  I'm pretty experienced with computers, a geek techino, etc etc.  Never saw a BIG reason to root until recently.  Time to trim the fat off the evo anyways after a year of using it and never once FR'ing it.

Thanks for the "confirmation"....Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Journeyman

Like Fireguy said, the only way to get rid of those apps is to root. Revolutionary is your friend.

Journeyman

Yep, root is the only way. Rooting is AWESOME and I did my EVO 6 months ago and I removed all that crap apps, and all the junk on the phone that I didn't need like the manual, setup and a few others I can't think of. But my EVO works flawlessly and never hiccups once.

Journeyman

No there's not, which is the exact reason I'm looking to switch providers this week. Sprint has forced corporate spyware onto our phones and there's no way way to remove it without voiding the warranty. I think this is actionable and certainly just cause to revoke the contract I signed.  I've read the contract carefully and there was NO discloser that my private data would be collected by third parties without my consent....which is exactly what the bloatware does.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat