Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any comparison between the HTC Evo 4g and the HTC HD2?

Journeyman

Is there any comparison between the HTC Evo 4g and the HTC HD2?

1st off I wouldn't abandon Sprint for TMobile and  I am so excited about the EVO but  just out of curiosity I stopped in a TMobile store today to look at it because some of the videos of the EVO they have it along side of the HD2 and the Iphone, so I wanted to take a look at  and I thought to myself that if the EVO is better than the HD2 then I am on board 100%!

That phone is awesome but I just had to see for myself what we have in store for ourselves with the EVO.

The anticipation is getting to me as I hate these announcements and then have to wait and wait and wait and if they don't deliver then it just is the biggest let down and I don't like being disappointed.

My daughter has an Iphone and to be perfectly honest with you the only way I would have one is if someone gave me one but it is so bulky looking and heavier than I would like but the HD2 was thin and light and the screen was so clean and crisp.

It does have the Snapdragon processor and it was extremely fast so I hope they come out with the release date here soon, it would make a lot of people happy.

I want the EVO so bad!!!! Come on Sprint/HTC, when are we getting it???? How long are you going to make us wait????? PLEEEZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

There was a link i had earlier about the spec comparisons, but the Evo 4g is a tad bigger but barely noticeable. but the HD2 has like 200 more megahertz in its snapdragon. thats what i can remember besides HD2 has 5mp cam. and Evo 4g has a main 8mp and i think the front one is 1.3 mp.

Message was edited by: BrettIsUndead

Journeyman

Apparently the Evo4g is coming out in the summer, but I dont know if thats official...

Here is some info about the phones via http//:www.phonescoop.com

EVO

ModesCDMA 850 / 1900
WiMAX 2500
Weight6 oz   (170 g)
Dimensions4.8" x 2.6" x 0.5"   (122 x 66 x 12.7 mm)
Form FactorBar
Internal Antenna
BatteryTalk: ?
Standby: ?
1500 mAh   LiIon
DisplayType: LCD (Color TFT/TFD)
Resolution: 480 x 800 pixels
4.3"   diagonal
Colors: 65,536 (16-bit)
Platform / OSAndroid
version 2.1
Processor1000 MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon
Memory

440 MB   (internal memory available to user for storage)

HD2

Specs

Compare side-by-side vs...
ModesGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
WCDMA 1700 / 2100
versions for other regions support different 3G network bands
Weight5.54 oz   (157 g)
Dimensions4.8" x 2.64" x 0.43"   (122 x 67 x 11 mm)
Form FactorBar
Internal Antenna
BatteryTalk: 6.3 hours max.   (380 minutes)
Standby: 490 hours max.   (20.4 days)
GSM mode
1230 mAh   LiIon
DisplayType: LCD (Color TFT/TFD)
Resolution: 480 x 800 pixels
4.3"   diagonal
Colors: 65,536 (16-bit)
Platform / OSWindows Mobile Professional (Pocket PC)
version 6.5
Processor1000 MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon
Memory

1 GB   (internal memory available to user for storage)

All I did was a basic copy and paste...if you want the full details as per phone scoop; here are the links..

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=2665    EVO4G

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=2648    HTC HD2

Journeyman

With the snapdragon theres not much difference except that the EVO:

Has a 8mp camera on back vs HD2's 5mp cam, 1.3 in the front (HD2 does not have front cam), it runs Android 2.1 instead of windows, and is 4G. .

Journeyman

And the touch sensative buttons look much much much nicer on the HTC EVO than the ugly buttons on the HD2..

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat