cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to get the EVO screen to light up when receiving a text?

Highlighted
Journeyman

When my alarms go off, the sceen lights up, however, when I receive texts it doesn't. Is there an app or a setting I'm overlooking to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

The Sanyo Zio doenst light up for texts either. I think it might just be how they make phones now because I couldnt find anything either. If you do find out let us know.

Highlighted
Master

Re: Is there any way to get the EVO screen to light up when receiving a text?

Unfortunately you can only have a vibration, sound and LED light notification. Personally I don't think you would like the screen flashing for every text message you receive, just think about how fast the battery will drain for heavy txt users. If you download other txt apps from Market, you'll get extra settings like the one you are asking for like Handcent SMS, but unfortunately once you install that app, you have 2 notifications from both apps. I hope this helps .

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to agree with the recent reply. I get a TON of text messages. For my EVO's screen to light up every single few minutes I'm getting a text back from friends and colleagues would really drain my battery for sure. I just stick with the LED light. Can't go wrong there. My phone is always near me and near my line of sight at my desk whenever I'm at work and it's not too difficult to see a tiny blinking light catch my eye.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Go SMS has an option to turn on the screen on incomming text. Screen only turns on for about 2 seconds tho. Go SMS is free on the Market.

I think Handcent SMS has this feature too, but I can't recall.

About double notifications: When you install a 3rd party SMS app, Go, Handcent, etc. disable notifications in the stock Message app that EVO comes with.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat