cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this True? For Premier Customers

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is this True? For Premier Customers

I just got a email from a fellow Sprint Friend in TX tells me Premier customers will be invited to their Local Sprint store to Purchase a EVO Thursday night in advance of the Friday  Ship Date?

Love the idea ,hope its true.

Could some one in the know tell us if this is true

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: Is this True? For Premier Customers

I have actually been on the phone with Sprint all morning, well not all morning, I talked to three different very nice people including a lady in the premier department and Sprint is not doing anything special for anyone. It is so dis-heartening and almost makes me want to not even get the EVO anymore. Frankly Sprint's pissing me off ! ! I do not understand why Sprint is making it so difficult to obtain this phone early, especially for premier customers. I went to the store and there is a waiting list and the guy said there may not be enough phones. I am being told to go to Best Buy or Radio Shack, I do not shop in either of those places, hate them both, I miss Circuit City. I want to buy the phone from Sprint, and I want it to show up on my door step on June 4th, the only thing they are doing is opening the store early, and there will be "geek-monsters" (no offensive, no  friends, I'm here with you being a geek over a  phone, cool ass damn phone, can you curse in here ?) ANYWHO ! ! The store will open 2 hours early so like 7am in most markets, and there will probably be people camped out, and ohhhhh. I'm done, I just don't. The Sprint agent could not see if any winners had been released for the primer contest, I just do not understand what Sprint is doing. Ohhhhhh ! ! ! !

Journeyman

I think Sprint stores want people camping out to be first to get the phone...  I don't think RS or BB want that so they did pre-orders to properly stock which is what my son did...  1 week to go!!!  It'll be free PR to show people hanging out in front of Sprint stores waiting for them to open next Friday....

I don't see what the big deal is to get this phone on day 1 anyway....  I would let others get the first crack at them and find the problems they'll have...   We have been led to belive that Sprint will have plenty of stock which they feel was a problem with their last big rollout... 

I don't remember ATT giving premiere customers an automatic head start .... oh wait...  they don't have premiere customers....

Journeyman

doughenning wrote:

I think Sprint stores want people camping out to be first to get the phone...  I don't think RS or BB want that so they did pre-orders to properly stock which is what my son did...  1 week to go!!!  It'll be free PR to show people hanging out in front of Sprint stores waiting for them to open next Friday....

I don't see what the big deal is to get this phone on day 1 anyway....  I would let others get the first crack at them and find the problems they'll have...   We have been led to belive that Sprint will have plenty of stock which they feel was a problem with their last big rollout...

I don't remember ATT giving premiere customers an automatic head start .... oh wait...  they don't have premiere customers....

One problem you have is that with Sprint it's a Mail-In-Rebate.  While at Best Buy and Radio Shack it's an Instant Rebate.  So unless you're going to pay for the EVO outright, you're better off just paying the $200 at Best Buy or Radio Shack.  Also as a bonus BB was giving a free earpiece with the EVO. And the Shack was giving $20 towards accessories.  Sprint will get some PR, but I think you'd hear more about people buying at BB.  IMO!!!

Journeyman

Pre-ordered from the Shack. Not only will you get the $20 for accessories but on the reciept is a 5 min survey and get an additional $10 coupon. Looking at the docking station probly for $39.99 Only $10 will come out of my pocket. Pretty good deal to me.

Journeyman

Same here.  I just got a call from my local store tonight.  They are scheduling appointments and asked when I would like to pick it up.  6:30 AM next Friday (I'm such a tech dork ).

Journeyman

Go to RS or BB that is what I did.I stopped going to the Sprint stores long ago you NEVER get a good deal there.Already have my pre order at RS did the online q&a for $10 no problem.Face it Premier just makes you feel good and they can email you stuff that's all imho.

Message was edited by: snarke1924

Journeyman

doughenning wrote:

Through AT&T, I was able to get the New Pricing on Phones every 12 months... Didn't need to have a special label to get that benefit, just about everyone got it ... lol.  I'm switching over to Sprint, but I kind of fail to see what's so special about being a 'Premier Customer' - Considering most of the perks I hear about it, other providers gave those to all their customers...  In fact, every phone on my Share Plan was available for upgrade every 12 months, not just the Primary.

Master

AT&T does not give new customer pricing every 12 months, It is every 24 months. And it is only $100 off, Can not use it if buying an iPhone. Sprint is the only carries that does give their Premier customers new customer pricing every 12 months.

http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=&ps=solutionPanels&_dyncharset=U...

Journeyman

As an AT&T customer for several years, I can confidently tell you that your wrong, at least when it comes to Smartphones.  Feel free to call AT&T directly and ask them, that website, even being from AT&T in pretty inaccurate.  Kind of like Sprint, what they say and do are two totally different things, right?  

Also, I have had every version of the iPhone on it's release day, for new customer pricing... Which doesn't come every 24 months.

Original: June 29, 2007
3G: July 11, 2008
3GS: June 19, 2009

Either way, I know for a fact that it worked this way for the iPhones, and the Blackberry's.  Might not have for the other phones, but other than iPhone, why the hell would people even be on AT&T for the most part anyway's.  iPhone killed AT&T's network, and AT&T is killing the iPhone! 

Journeyman

I was in a Sprint store this morning for my sons phone and asked about the EVO in Pearland, TX (near Houston).  I was told that they are not allowed to pre-order, nor were they prioritizing purchasing - Premier customer or not.

If Premier customers are getting invited, I would welcome it, but I'm not sure I'd hold my breath.  ...though I'm pretty sure that they learned from the Palm Pre debacle.  What a nightmare!

Journeyman

I really don't get why so many people think "Sprint Premiere" status is such a big deal. ANYONE can become a "premiere" customer by getting the 69.99 Everything Data plan and keeping it for 3 months...Those that have been on legacy plans for 5 years or more were some of the first, but now that's all you have to do... so really there's no point in getting so upset that you're not getting special treatment related to the release of the EVO...

Oh, and BTW, I am a Sprint Premiere customer and the only real perk I've seen of it so far has been the ability to get the $150 discount after 1 year instead of 2...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat