cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this phone worth the purchase ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is this phone worth the purchase ?

Or should I wait & see what new phones comes out around November before deciding to buy this phone

Message was edited by: Les-Grossman

Tags (2)
29 REPLIES 29
Journeyman

Re: Is this phone worth the purchase ?

I think it all depends on what kind of phone user you are.  This phone is a no-brainer for me.  I'm what you would consider a more "advanced" user though,  I customize a lot of my features, and utilize the phone to (almost) its full potential. 

If you already have an android phone, this is pretty much a must have.  The only thing I think that would make this better would be a hard keyboard.  If you aren't an android user currently, but are interested in becoming one,  I think this phone isn't a good first timer.  I've had 2 android phones before this, and the features are spectacular, but some battery modifications should be made for those that are used to the battery life of non-android or lesser-android handsets.

If you are a first time android user, but you are still interested in this phone for whatever the reason,  I'd say give it a try.  It is an amazing piece of hardware, with capabilities that reach much farther then what comes stock.  I can see this phone evolving with future updates, so there is a good chance this phone will easily last you at least until your next upgrade without you feeling like you're missing out on the next "big thing".

Journeyman

this was my first android phone and i had no problem switching from a blackberry. if you had any kind of smartphone before it's pretty easy to figure out in a day or so. if you want one of the top phones on the market yes it is worth it. i haven't seen anything coming down the pipeline from sprint that will be better. if you was a physical keyboard you might want to wait for the new samsung phone on the way

Journeyman

Wiil the Everything Data Share 1500 plan work with this phone ?

Journeyman

Yes, that is the plan that I am on. You will need to spend an extra 10 dollars for the premium data services, but other than that, you'd be good to go.

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply

Journeyman

Here's a link to the EVO plan requirements - http://shop.sprint.com/en/shop/why_sprint/4g/evo_plan_details.html

Journeyman

I called Best Buy & they are still doing the Instant $100 Rebate that means if I buy it at Best Buy I would get the phone for $199 out the door right ?

Journeyman

Both Best Buy and Radio Shack are offering the $100 instant rebate. $199.00 out the door plus local sales tax

http://radioshackwireless.com/template/simpleautocontent.aspx?pageid=7831&referringdomain=radioshack

Journeyman

Sprintpost.PNG

Click on the text in this message to open it up and make it more legible

Journeyman

Since June 4th I have been unable to put it down.. the longer you delay the longer you wait to experience this awesome device.. in the age we live in we will always be chasing the next fix so why not get it while you can.. you only live once.. I absolutely love it and have had no issues with the phone or getting it. there are 2 in the family at the moment.

Journeyman

does being a tech geek imply posting in an impossible to read font?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat