cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this phone worth the purchase ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Is this phone worth the purchase ?

hey there, if u click on the actual message from the "geek" it pops out a window of the actual message, check it out

Highlighted
Wizard

Using it since 06/04/2010. I sold my old Hero and I am not going back

It's a perfect phone for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You'll always be waiting for the "next" phone if you wait for the next best thing to come out...Might as well get a year with it and see if an iPhone comes out for Verizon or Sprint next year.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I liked it until I started trying to use some of the features. Now I think it's a nice phone if you enjoy mountains of frustration. I can't get mine to connect to my home router, can't find anywhere how to move photos/video OUT of the phone, and am seriously considering returning it. The support is absolutely DISMAL and seems to mostly be user forums. Think long and hard before you sink into this quicksand!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you tried reading the manual at all?

As for trying to get photos off, have you plugged it in to your USB on your computer?  You should just check the "Disk Mode" button and be able to select photos off your phone.  Or you can select the double arrow icon to share photos via e-mail, bluetooth, Facebook, etc.

As for your home router, is it an open or secure network?  Are you entering the password correctly?  Are you within range of the router?  Mine found my home router right away, I entered my password, and it has worked flawlessly since.  As has sharing photos.

Highlighted
Wizard

cmruff1 wrote:

I liked it until I started trying to use some of the features. Now I think it's a nice phone if you enjoy mountains of frustration. I can't get mine to connect to my home router, can't find anywhere how to move photos/video OUT of the phone, and am seriously considering returning it. The support is absolutely DISMAL and seems to mostly be user forums. Think long and hard before you sink into this quicksand!

No WiFi problem here, works like a charm.

Your pictures are located on the sd card under DCIM/100MEDIA directory. you can use Astro (from the Market) to browse from your phone.

To transfer the pictures to your pc you need to connect the phone to the pc using the usb cable.

Make sure you update htc sync for EVO (Check HTC web site)

Once you connect your phone to the pc, select Hard Disk option to mount the sd card so you can browse it from your pc and copy the files you need.

Highlighted
Journeyman

it sounds like your problems are user error

Highlighted
Journeyman

nicholaaaas wrote:

it sounds like your problems are user error

Ahh yes, so many technical problems are.

As for CMruff, is this your first smartphone? First android handset perhaps?  Ease of use is on a sliding curve I suppose.  Once you know how you think to yourself "why didn't I try that before?" 

I'd be more than happy on helping you through some of these issues you've been having if you'd like. You can send me a message or we can go through it in a thread if you'd prefer (though it probably shouldn't be this thread)

There are also many android forums out there that can answer some questions for you if you'd rather not talk about them here.

The manual will also explain these features to you as well, but some people rather not dig through a manual for just a couple questions, I can understand that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's true also try to send away for the $100 rebate that is what I did for the Instinct when Best Buy sold it for $100 and I got the rebate.

Journeyman

First off, I think I ended up with one of the "bad" Evo's from reading some of the other posts on here. Second, this is my first Android phone and yes I am confused! Since I've had the Evo I've been more frustrated then pleased with this phone. Which android phone is a better phone for a beginner? Even after doing all the million different steps to preserve my battery, it still sucks. There are so many tips for conserving the battery too that I don't know which ones are legit and really help. I only have a few days left to return the Evo, but I sure am torn as to what to do considering sprint doesn't really have a better phone out right now. I really don't want to go back to my bb curve 8330, but it looks like that might be my only option right now. Anyone have any recommendations for me?

Message was edited by: PrincessMaria69

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had this phone since last Friday............ it does have a bit of a learning curve, but i'm pretty smart. I've tried all the tricks to preserve your battery, which doesn't really seem to help in my opinion. The phone is a great SmartPhone, too bad the battery life sucks. my phone lasted for 6.5hrs today while at work and I'm a chef, so im not sitting at a desk feddling with the phone all day. I'm not sure if I will keep this phone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, if you're looking for battery life, the EVO isn't for you, especially as a novice android user.  I started my android "career" with the G1, and moved on from there.  It appears that the Hero is also on sprint, and though I haven't toyed with it much, it looks like its running 2.1 as well which is ultimately where you need to be to stay on the most current build (at least currently) though other phones on other networks would probably be better for beginners.

Ultimately the EVO *can* work for a beginner, it just takes a little know how, which is tough if you don't "know  how" 

I'd be happy to help you through some of the issues you're having with your EVO.

I bought 2 EVOs a few weeks ago,  one for me, one for my wife.  I ran some battery tests on the two and found that my battery was lasting up to 5 hours longer than hers.

I switched her over to the same settings as mine and she's seeing much longer battery life.  Yesterday I took my phone off of the charger at around 12:30, and didn't plug it back in until this morning (just for the update).  When I woke up I still had half of my bar left, still in green.  Its all a matter of how you use your phone though.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat