Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this phone worth the purchase ?

Journeyman

Re: Is this phone worth the purchase ?

I will have to get back to you on that. Like I said I think I have one of the fluke phones because my Evo reboots by itself (for no reason) and sometimes when I'm going to reply to a message it wont type and I have to turn the phone off then turn it back on. I keep getting an error message today, even though I've done nothing out of the ordinary with my phone, and sometimes when I hit the buttons it doesn't work at all and the phone freezes. I am going to the sprint store tonight after I get out of work so I will see what they can do for me. If I end up getting a new Evo and if I need your help as to what to do to maximize the battery life I think there is a way to email you directly?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope it works out at the sprint store, I'm sure they'll opt to replace it for you, but they may not have any in stock.

If you need to contact me you can send a private message to me here.  If you click on my name (to go to my profile) on the right hand side of that page it will allow you to message me.  Once you get the hang of the android OS you'll wonder how you ever lived without it!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks a lot. I will let you know tomorrow what the verdict is at the sprint store

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have read the manual repeatedly. I practically have it memorized, and I can follow instructions. I DID follow the limited instructions but router would not connect.  The phone saw my home network, and I used the very same WEP key that successfully connected two netbooks. Did the same at my office. The EVO?

No go, so...

Scouted around the various forums and learned more than I need to about rooting, nothing new about routing. (Did follow a suggestion and got Swype, which I love.)

So...

I made an app't at the Sprint store to learn how to use the phone. They told me that they knew nothing as they (employees) couldn't have an EVO yet. They told me to call Sprint. They said there were extra special techies for the phone at Sprint. They also said I'd have to physically take out (yes, I double asked to be sure) the SD card to get the media files into my computer. Seemed weird and unnecessary. The Sprint employees were unsure how to move anything via the data cable.

See what I mean about frustration?

So...

I called Sprint. They do not have extra special techies and could NOT tell me why the router wouldn't connect and seemed surprised that it was an N protocol router. They said maybe that was the issue - N protocol instead of G or even B??!! Finally one of them suggested I try resetting the router using newer WPA2. I did, and that worked; the phone connected.

Maybe this phone only supports WPA2? If so, Sprint should have included that fact in the user guide!!!!!

Anyway, w/ wi-fi, I can finally move my media out. Will tangle with data cable and computer when I have another piece of free time.

And now I like my phone again. I still do not think getting assistance should be so time consuming!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Never heard of that problem,  I use standard WEP encryption on my router here and was able to log on just fine.  I don't know what their problem is that they can't answer simple questions like a walkthrough on transferring files. Cmruff,  when its time for you to troubleshoot your issue with your data cable, feel free to message me, I'll be happy to help you work out these issues with your phone and your PC.  Just send me a message and I can write you something detailed or I can set up some sort of chat so we can work it out real-time. 

I've been browsing you tube and reading many forums online and I am absolutely appalled by the amount of "expert" reviewers and users out there that know very little about handling the android OS.   I'm no XDA developer, but I know my way around my phone and I'm happy to extend any support to those with questions.

Highlighted

I think it is a matter of personal preference. I was going to hold out until the Epic was released however I put my name on a waiting list for the EVO. After waiting 1.5 weeks and my name was called, I realized this phone is something worth considering. As far as I know everyone has been buying this phone, so there must have been some reason for its popularity which was reason enough for me to go out and get mine. Glad I was to retire that Blackberry this phone is fantastic. I can do everything that I need to and more with the EVO. The popularity of this phone tells me is no under statement and with the releases of updates and with the Froyo 2.2 release this phone is going to be very impressive. Sure you could wait and hold out until later this year and certainly the next best will be there if you can wait that long. I certainly do not have the patience to wait until later and anticipate if I will buy the next best phone. That's what is nice about ebay, buy the phone save everything and sell it later for a loss to get something new. Why wait.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat