Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got HTC Evo 4G, Need help with HotSpot

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello, Do I have to pay extra for Sprint Hotspot, I already have the 10 dollar charge for what the store called "premium data".  When I try to activate hotspot it says to contact customer service to get hotspot set up on my account.  How do I get it to work? Do I have to pay for this too?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes the mobile hotspot feature is 29.99 per month. You have to call or go online and added it to use it on the EVO.

Journeyman

Haha, I won't pay that much for it. Just wait till its free like every other phone company. I'm not a tool

Highlighted
Master

It will never be free, AFAIK no other carrier offers PAM/Tethering/Mobile Hotspot for free. Also with the HotSpot you can add/remove it on an as needed bases from your account page and only be charged for the days it is activated, About $1 p/d.

Highlighted
Master

Mobile hotspot allows you to connect up to 8 devices thru the EVO.  The mobile hotspot plan the allows you to connect is 29.99 a month for unlimited data.  There is no carrier to my knowledge that will give you hotspot access for free and unlimited data. 

There are no plans to change pricing on the system and I forsee none in the future.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Touch 4G...you just turn it on...the hotspot...no calling, no activating online, and just confirmed from the same guy I confirmed it with oh...3 months ago...no charge.  Some carriers charge 20$ a month, Sprint charges 30$.  Sprint offers truely unlimited, for the price you'll pay, it's worth it for many.

Just figure if you want the hotspot with your new smartphone, it's gonna cost you an extra 900$ over two years. ( 10X24 - same data called premium and 29.99X24 to  hotspot. )  I say same data because the Samsung Instinct phone line up now has the same 10$ premium data-add on...and I know for a Fact the data speeds are the same today as two years ago...nothing premium about that.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat