cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just ordered my new EVO online! How about you?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just ordered my new EVO online! How about you?

I just order our new EVO phones online!  Anyone else?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife got hers at Radioshack this morning. It took 20 to 25 minutes to get everything switched and upgraded. When she walked out she had a fully functioning EVO. I have to wait to get mine due to some other things that came up in life.

Highlighted
Patron

Anticipaaaaaaaaation....Ordered mine this morning online after having called Sprint at midnight last night only to be told their system wouldn't let them sell it to me LOL.

I know I'm a technophile and a geek, but I'm dying to get my hands on a 4g device in a 4g area (I live in one) and so now I wait for my new phone to ship and arrive LOL.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know there is a $10 charge for the EVO for 4g coverage, but is there a charge to use it as a wireless router (connect up to 8 devices)?

Highlighted
Patron

Yes, the charge to use the EVO as a wireless hotspot is $29.95 per month (which is less than the data plan for the card I have).

Highlighted
Wizard

Playing with mine now. Picked up this morning from BestBuy. Too bad I have to work today!

As a gift, I also received a Plantronics Explorer 230 ($40) for free (will sell, don't need it)

It is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ordered mine online last night at like 1 a.m.  My status on my order still says this

Status:Your order is awaiting processing at the warehouse. Please allow 2-5 business days for delivery.

Guess I will be waiting a while. Not that bad though because im sure everyone will have posted all kinds of cool stuff you can do with this phone and less time for me trying to figure it all out! lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bought mine online after being next in line at RadioShack after a 40 min wait at 6am, and would have gotten the last non-reserved EVO.

I've been a customer for 1 year (of a 2-year contract).  I can't believe Sprint new customers pay less than I would have been charged today.

Can anyone explain the "customer loyalty" in the $199.99 for a new subscriber and the price starting at $499.99 for an existing subscriber?

Next year they'd have taken $150 off - $150 off of the un-activated price -- right??

Is Sprint more interested in getting customers than retaining them?

In the end I decided to buy directly from Sprint, since the on-line price is $449.99 -$75 for my "loyalty" and before the $100 mail-in rebate.

I may have to wait a day or two to get the phone - but $50.00 was a bit steep just for EVO bragging rights.

I don't agree with the pricing - but I havta' have the EVO.

I'd have thought my loyalty and 2 more years would have been worth letting me have the phone for $199.99.

Highlighted
Patron

I am with you on the pricing thing. As a Sprint Premier Customer I have suggested to Sprint that one of the "perks" of being a Premier customer is to be able to get the "new customer" price anytime so long as we are willing to extend our contracts. The once a year upgrade isn't keeping up with the technology any more and Sprint needs to focus a little more on keeping existing customers happy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ordered mine from Wirefly.com for $189, plus getting $50 Bing rebate, no shipping fee, no taxes to California. It's already shipping.

Message was edited by: petnard69

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got mine from my local Sprint Store today with only 3 left in the store. Walked out paying about $343.00 with the new hard protective covering for it. Could have waited 5 more months until my upgrade kicked in but I wanted this phone today. I may regret spending money I shouldn't have spent in the coming weeks but I will deal with that when it comes around.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat