cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just scratched up my brand new White EVO's back and lens...

Journeyman

Just scratched up my brand new White EVO's back and lens...

ARE YOU SERIOUS???? Just got my new EVO... just finished up putting all the ringtones, apps and background on the phone,when i was laying on the ground and the phone slipped out from my pocket and when i picked it up the white battery cover was all scratched up ( i dont really care about that) but the biggest problem is that the whole lens is scratched up.. which is totally @!#$@$#^ up!!!!!!!!!!!  You guys think they could replace the lens cover or the whole phone? just got it 3 days ago... Maybe i could try to get the scratches out with the plastX scratch removal what they using for the plastic headlights?

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Just scratched up my brand new White EVO's back and lens...

I had a similar thing happen.  My phone got run over in a parking lot so I took it to Sprint and because it was less than 30 days they let me put TEP ins. on it even after the  fact.  That was a year ago but it might be worth checking into to see if they will do it.  These phone really need a case or cover to protect the lens.

Journeyman

Guys, I just bought this off of Amazon-

This is exactly what I needed, comes in pairs, and solves the problem.  I wish Sprint would just dole these out!

Can't post the link, but go to www.Amazon.com, and search for "evo lens protector cell innovations"

Thanks me later!

Message was edited by: laithvincent

Journeyman

oooooh.. thats cool! Too bad my lens is already scratched up. But i will buy a pair anyway!  Thank you!

Journeyman

I just ordered one as well.  I'll come back and let people know if it works.  It seems promising.  I'm always fighting to keep my case on and worried that I'll scratch my lens.  If this works, it will eliminate my problem.

Journeyman

Okay, this is just silly! From day one, Sprint has offered silicon gel cases for the EVO that do, in fact, protect the lens. Yes, Sprint is not the least expensive place to buy goodies for your phone but let's see - $500 for a phone, $15 for a sili gel cover? Shouldn't that be a no brainer? The expression Penny wise and pound foolish comes to mind.  --  Sharon

Journeyman

I really hate cases, especially lint grabbing jelly cases.  The evo doesn't really fit in my pocket very well and I'm always struggling to pull it out.  Sometimes, I hit the answer button or miss the call in the process of trying to remove it from my pocket.  When I take the case off, it's much easier to handle but then I worry about scratching my camera lens since the camera lens rests on itself and scratches easily, unlike teh Gorilla glass of the display.

It would be great if I don't have to use a case AND I protect the camera of my $200 phone.  Oh wait, there is finally a solution, as posted by someone else.

Maybe you should think about what you say before you post... so YOU don't sound "SILLY".  Just a thought.

Journeyman

Also, it's $200 for a phone and $30 for a case...  when you buy from Sprint.

Journeyman

I see we all took our grumpy pills today!  And I thought PMS was bad. You guys need to lighten up! Okay, so there are ways to get the handset for $200 and the gel cover costs $30. I hope that justifies all your problems.  --  Sharon

Journeyman

So I thought this would be a nice solution to a common problem, seems they only charge a few dollars for a pair of protectors, thought I'd share!  Again I hate covers gel covers, they are cheap and tear.  This is apparently an engineered material to solve the major flaw that I see with this phone.  Other people think different, God Bless the USA for that freedom of thought!

I'm not sure what Carolina Girl is even talking about.  Are you upset that you pay 15 dollars for a gel cover?  is that the issue?  Not clear really what you are trying to say.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No grumps here... I just like to speak my mind, as do you, but I could have left out calling you silly.  Sorry about that.

Journeyman

I'm not upset at all for what I paid for my gel. Even if it were a piece of excrement, something is better than nothing. I could not justify damaging my handset while I looked for the perfect protector. Yes, the gels are sticky and make it hard to get to, even in a purse. But I've had mine since day one and can't imagine being without it, even around the house! But then I also bought a second battery at the same time. I guess I'm just a touch over-cautious when it comes to a device I paid $300 for PLUS the $100 to Assurion in order to get my fourth EVO.   And as to the "silly" remark, I thought it was kinda cute - you're okay...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat