cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just scratched up my brand new White EVO's back and lens...

Re: Just scratched up my brand new White EVO's back and lens...

CSOSCO,  you might try contacting an auto glass repair company they might know how to fix the scratch.  I know some windshield scratches can be repaired.  As far as polishing it out yourself be careful, some product remove the scratch but leave you with less than a crystal clear lens.

Journeyman

uhm... i dont think that cover is real glass. It got scratched up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy! i did not drop the phone i just dragged it half an inch when i picked it up from the concrete. ( No, I was not leaning on it or putting any weight on the phone...)  I think the cover is plastic so probably i will try to take off the scratches with the PlastX stuff from autozone/pepboys

Journeyman

let me know which soft skin protects the lens pls because i didnt see any of those at the Sprint store. And i do not want to get a think hard case. The phone is tall and wide already, i dont want to make it thicker... Btw believe me... if i know that this phone gets scratched up so easy on the lens then i would have gotten a protector case on the first place!! So dont jump on my throat because i was stupid enough not to get a case immediately at the store.

OK I'm just trying to help.  Part of my job is polishing stone, porcelain and metal and sometimes its hard to tell by looking if somethings glass or not.  let us know how it turns out.  Good luck,  Rick

Message was edited by: rickspencer46

Journeyman

Re: drop tested EVO with Lens Protector for lens scratching

I was looking on Youtube and found a guy that put one of the Lens Protectors on I suggested.  He dropped his phone 6 times!!  I wouldn't do that, thanks, but the lens protector stayed on.  Looks like you don't really need a case, just something to protect that rear camera from scratching.  Anyway, food for thought!

Journeyman

Well.. to be honest i bought a rubber skin for my phone... from sprint. its pretty thin, so doesnt make my phone bulkier and i love it! The white Evo is really slippery but now its all good. one day i will try to polish the lens cover tho...

Journeyman

Hey CSOSCO,

That's cool... but I would think that something so too thin won't really protect much.  I tried a few cases in my day... I tried the Jelly case too, it was thin and grabbed the lint and held onto my pocket.  Not a fan of rubber jelly cases.

Journeyman

Just scratched up my brand new White EVO's back and lens...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat