cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Know what software you need to synchronize your HTC EVO 4G to your computer

Highlighted
Journeyman

Know what software you need to synchronize your HTC EVO 4G to your computer

i clicked on the link in this article to find the software i needed to sync my evo to my computer (mac) and it didn't even list the evo!  anybody have a solution?  thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi!

There isn't any software available from Sprint or HTC to sync with a Mac.

For desktop contact and calendar sync, I personally suggest Mark|Space and their Missing Sync program.

However, what I've done, and what seems to work best (on the Hero at least - don't have an Evo yet!) is to set up Calendar and Address Book to sync with my primary Google account.  Then the phone syncs with Google and I have the same data in my desktop (Mac), my phone and Google.  Very elegant, very reliable. 

For syncing music, videos and files, just mount the phone as a hard drive and drag-n-drop using the finder.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Here's what I discovered on the HTC web site -- searched for HTC activesync for macintosh.

ActiveSync is not compatible with Macintosh computers. While you will be unable  to use ActiveSync, there is third-party software that allows synchronization  between Windows Mobile Devices and a Macintosh. Please also note while you may  not be able to synchronize your PIM information with your Macintosh computer /  applications, you can transfer files such as music, movies, photos, etc. to your  HTC Imagio by using a the USB cable and setting your Imagio to Disk Drive mode  (Start > Settings > All Settings > Connections > USB-to-PC). This  will enable the microSD card inside the Imagio to be utilized like a USB thumb  drive.

Highlighted
Journeyman

thank you.  i figured as much.  as disappointing as it is, it's not a huge surprise.  thank you for the info--it may be good to put this in the sprint article.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat