cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOW STORAGE PROBLEM

Master

Re: LOW STORAGE PROBLEM

What's the point anymore, It's NEVER going to be addressed now that the phone is EOL. It's widely been reported on this very forum along with all over the internet with some reps stating it's being worked on and others stating it's not the case.

Search the forum and you will see it, It goes back to Gingerbread, We never had the issue before.

Sep 28, 2011 - http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/341899#341899

but the infamous "memory leak" is an issue that's still being investigated.

Highlighted
Wizard

That thread had only a few entries and no one apparently hard resetting their devices. I have really spent some time trying to find credible evidence of this even being a significant issue but could find nothing. "All over the internet"? Not from what I can find.

Master

It is what it is, Your not looking to hard then as it has been widely reported, I'm tired of trying to get HTC/Sprint to address it like they have been begged to since the launch of Gingerbread. Shane the tech here was having customers help him try to pinpoint the cause but I've seen nothing lately about it except they now state what your pushing. It is a well known issue weather HTC/Sprint want to admit it or not. And yes a simple google search will bring up many many pages where it is and has been reported, As well as a simple search on this very forum. I'm not stupid when it comes to phones, I know for a fact I had well over 129 apps at one point and had to keep deleting them in order to do anything on my phone, Down to about 25 or less and still was getting the error. Rooted my phone, Back up to over 129 apps and have not had the issue since. Hmmm??

Journeyman

I was having the storage issue as well. I did some research, and found a solution. Go to Settings -> Applications, view all apps, and sort by size. Click on each app, and click the CLEAR CACHE button. Also, on the apps and/or bloatware you don't use, also, click CLEAR DATA. Be careful not to use CLEAR DATA on apps that you do use, otherwise all personal settings will be wiped out. I hope this helps! Good luck!

GrandMaster

GeekOfTexas wrote:

I have an Evo 4G and occasionally get the "out of internal storage message" when I load some huge game or something. It is not HTC. It is Android and you. You have to manage your memory just like you would with a computer.

i actually had it happen to me twice. even with no updates on apps it would pop up out of no where. first time a FR was done..second time i actually kept an eye on my apps. 3 culprits i found to be doing it. main one was the FB app. the other 2 were email apps. they over night balloned in size. no ungodly amounts of email all of a sudden coming in...nothing changed from the day prior to the point that it happend. only thing i did the second time was cleared the cache on those apps. and uninstalled all updates on the FB app which i no longer use because of this. im still cruising with the same memory as before minus any added updates for my other apps.

from what i have seen though others havent been as lucky. i tried to get people to post in a thread what apps showed up on their list as larger than normal to see if things could be narrowed down..but no such luck

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yup.....Facebook app. Number one culprit for me also, every day it grows larger in size so I also no longer use it.

As a side note for eveyone, uninstall any updates to factory installed apps that you do not use , for example I don't use Blockbuster, Amazon MP3, Sprint nascar, Sprint Football, Kindle, Telnav, Qik. The updates to those apps are huge and take up a lot of space.

GrandMaster

that and the yahoo app were my beasts of burden.

another one that many dont pay attention to are the email apps..all sent, junk mail, in box and spam files kill off your memory pretty fast...as do undeleted text messages.

to point it out though there never was an issue with the FB app or any other ones building up out of nowhere until GB came into play.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat