cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like my Evo has the famous Usb charging problem

Highlighted

Looks like my Evo has the famous Usb charging problem

My evo has the USB charging port issue.  started a few weeks ago and now it totally does not work.  I've had this phone for a couple of months now.  Bought it off amazon though.  This is my 2nd Evo.  My first one didnt have this issue and i had the phone for about 10 months.  This totally sucks and apparently is a known issue.  I mean if sprint and sprint associates clearly states its a known issue, then why isnt something done about it.  We spend all this money on these phones just to have basically a paper weight now.  My phones are never abused.  My first evo did not have one scratch on it before some decided they wanted it more than me.  Also I would always disconnect the charger if i needed to use the phone( became a habit after going through chargers with my blackberry lol).  This totally sucks big ones.  I like the EVO alot! Now I had to buy a 40.00 external battery charger.  Has anyone had any luck repairing these phones?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
GrandMaster

it was a known issue with a very small amount of phones out there. it was a soldering problem. only way to have that checked out is to take it into a sprint repair store.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Took it to a sprint store...the Port has competely seperated from the board.  If it seperates, can it be repaired.  I once had a Blackberry with the same issue and was able to repair it.  Kind of aggrevating having to take around a external batter charger lol.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat