cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loose Charging Port On 2 HTC EVO 4G Phones

Journeyman

Re: Loose Charging Port On 2 HTC EVO 4G Phones

Sad to say,  I just encounted the same problem.   Plugged my HTC EVO in  this afternoon to charge it and -- nothing.   No juice.  Wiggled  connector in phone and could get intermittant connection.   Looks like  thing has come loose & pushed up into the base.  Not good.   Will be  taking it into Spint tomorrow for, hopefully, repair or replace.   Have  full equipment repair / replace coverage but I sure hope they don't  charge antying if it requires replacemtn.   Based on this forums it  seems to be a design / mounting defect of some kind.

Journeyman

yes, I agree we should not be required to use the 100.00 Replacement to repair the problems with the phone. HTC should cover all the cost Not Sprint or US.

The power button Location and the Charger  port s  a DEFECTIVE  Design Flaw in the phone. Doing a Google search can tell you how many have had the same problem.

Journeyman

I got my refurbished Evo yesterday to replace mine with a defective charging port and it is working well.  I did find it interesting that while I was waiting there, I saw two other Evos come back - one with a faulty battery and the other with the screen popping up issue. (and this was a Sprint store in a low-income suburb of Chicago). So three of us sat there in this tiny Sprint store with defective Evos.

I heard something very interesting-- they told the faulty battery owner that the phone insurance plan would not cover his replacement battery and they wanted $35 to order a new one (even though the phone was only 4 months old).  Apparently the "maintenance plan"  would have covered the replacement battery... interesting.  So I whipped out my Evo and went on Amazon and found OEM HTC Evo batteries for $11.

Are the Evos falling apart?  I think they must have manufactured them too fast, and HTC makes way too many phone models as is ... I have no idea how they can keep up with demand and manage to keep their quality high.

Journeyman

That's exactly what I have to do.  I have bought to external charging devices, both have crapped out on me too.  One just today.  I am going to shell out another $60 to try the new wireless charging pad.   This EVO has turned into a money sponge!!! 

Journeyman

One of the 3 EVO's I have on my account stopped charging last night. One of my other EVO's still charges but is becomming very loose. This is definately a manufacturing defect. HTC and Sprint should back these products up especially with the price tags they put on these things.

Journeyman

just simy take your phone to a sprint company repair store. if you have the optional insurance they will feplace the phone free. also if it has a crack at the power button they will replace the phone for you free...

Journeyman

I'm not too happy today.  I have been having the same issue with the charging port and today the phone decided to completely stop charging.  I've tried to adjust the connection to get the charge going again...but all I have is a blank screen now.  My daughter also have an EVO (on my plan) and so far has not experienced this issue.  This phone is my only means of communication...for personal and business life.  I will be going to the Sprint office in the morning and hopefully the problem will be taken care of.  I've seen numerous blogs outling this same exact issue with the EVO and I am crossing my fingers that Sprint is now taking care of their customers who have these flawed charging ports.  I've been a Sprint customer for 20+ years and I'm feeling optimistic that we can continue our relationship.   : )

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the exact same problem with my evo. As a matter of fact, I picked up my refurbished evo yesterday. My store must have been aware of the charging port problems. They didn't ask me to file an insurance claim and didn't mention anything about me having to pay them for my replacement. I wish I could have gotten a new phone, but I'll take the refurb for free. My refurb looked good. There was no screen lift, no scratches, and it runs smooth like my evo did when I first got it.

I will say this. I love the evo! Being without it over the weekend was torture. I woke up Friday night to a completely dead evo. It wouldn't turn on or even charge. I thought I was gonna die lol. I am so addicted to my phone lol. I was in the sprint store bright and early that next morning. I had to go back to my instinct. Oh man was that horrible. They told me that my phone wouldn't be in till Friday. I decided that I was gonna call every day this week till it did. Lucky for me it came in today. I was so glad to see that phone, refurb or not lol. If this charging port messes up, then I'll be right back in to get another one. I'll stick with my evo till something better comes along. From the looks of it, that doesn't seem to be anytime soon. I agree that you shouldn't be paying $100 unless you're receiving a brand new evo out the box. I definitely wouldn't pay $100 for a refurb. Good luck Guys!

Journeyman

WOW I see lots of Evo owners complaining about the charging port, now I bought mines like 2 weeks ago it's a white one and build is #4. Is anyone having this issue with the newer build's or just the older one's which are build 2 & 3?

Journeyman

yea i mine is mess up too i thought it was just my usb cord that when i notice the port is loose ,loose to the point where i can almost pull it out this is my second evo And i know u Can Get Up to 3 replacements a year i didnt expect to be getting another one this soon

Journeyman

I am having this issue also. I loved my phone until today when I plugged it in to charge and nothing happened. I optimistically switched to my car charger but it didn't work. Then I realized it must be the phone and started to research on the internet. I am so disappointed with my experience with Sprint today that I feel like I might pay the cancellation fee to get out of my contract and switch to AT&T for the iPhone. When I called about this problem today, the technician I spoke with confirmed this was a known issue but said that it's like 1 out of 200 phones. I asked if they could ship me out a new one and I send the defective one back and he said I had to go into a repair center. The repair center said they had to order a replacement and they were on backorder. I asked to downgrade to a phone that didn't have this type of issue and he said I had to call customer service. I called customer service and the person that I spoke to was AWFUL! He denied that this was a known issue and said people just say mean things on the internet. What an idiot! He insulted me by lecturing me about how to be careful when unplugging a phone. I told him I've had phones for years and never had this issue and I'm very capable of knowing how to unplug a phone. I told him that his implication was insulting to me and asked to speak with a supervisor. He continued to talk and never got a supervisor. I ended up hanging up on this man because I felt highly insulted by him. Now while I wait for the replacement phone to come, I will be researching other plans with other companies because Sprint has let me down today. The level of service has gone down and I'm no longer a loyal customer to sprint.

Journeyman

Yes sprint need to Have a ready supply to support the EVO Quality Problem. Just for fun i looked in to the HTC phones at other carriers. And what a surprise  same of the same quality problems, Cracked cases, Charging problems Screen problems Battery's are bad . No battery life at all a few hrs at best.. I  enjoy and  the Google OS in the EVO but the Phone is really bad quality for Sprints Flag Ship Phone. I would hope in the Future Sprints looks to a Quality Manufacture to offer their next top of the line product. Sprint should make HTC fix ever problem with ever phone they sold. And if you ever called HTC for service you going to fine its WORTHLESS!

I will never consider a phone or any Products from HTC again.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat