cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost/Stolen Evo 4G found and Sprint doesn't want it back....??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lost/Stolen Evo 4G found and Sprint doesn't want it back....??

One of the strangest experiences I've ever had with Sprint.....

I called and ordered an EVO 4G on 8/30.  It was shipped UPS and supposedly delivered to my house on 8/31, but never showed up.  I called Sprint and they took care of me with the first call!!  Said they were sorry and sent out a replacement.  New phone is activated and I love it!!

Now, here's the weird part.  Today, 9/3, the first phone showed up on my porch....not sure if it was stolen and the person had a change of heart, or if the UPS driver found the mistake and delivered it.  So I called Sprint to ask what they wanted me to do.  After 3 reps and a 2 hr call they said the phone had been listed as stolen/lost and they couldn't send out a return package for the phone....?  They said I would have to take the phone to the Sprint store.  I called the Sprint store and they said they couldn't do anything with it......

Now im lost, I've got this awesome paperweight in a box that has never been opened.  If they don't give me some option to send it back it looks like I've got spare parts, or a really nice touchscreen MP3 player/camera.

Looks like Sprint is screwing themselves out of this one.  I would think they could work with HTC to change the ESN and sell the phone, maybe I'm thinking too simple

1 REPLY
Journeyman

Re: Lost/Stolen Evo 4G found and Sprint doesn't want it back....??

Well if Sprint doesn't want it... I'll take it!

Congrats on good fortune I suppose...  Odd that reporting a phone stolen has no option for recovery.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.