cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low on space message

Journeyman

Low on space message

I've moved everything I can on to the SD card but I still get a low on space/phone storage space is getting low.  Does anyone have any suggestions on this?  Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Low on space message

Start looking for apps where you can Clear Data/Cache. I read allot and use Kindle, unfortunately, it can result in the app coming close to 100mb in size because everything is stored on the phone rather then the SD Card. To resolve this I have ot periodically Clear Data and Cache.

Same applies for any other app that comes Pre-Installed. Goto    Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications    sort by size    Menu>Sort By Size    and then start opening each item at the top that appears to be using allot of memory. Locate the Clear Data and Clear Cache buttons and tap them. Mind you, this will also clear any logon credentials that app may have.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

Re: Low on space message

the facebook app as well. watch out for that one. also check how much data your email app(s) are using. they can build up pretty quickly. worse case scenario you'll have to do a factory reset. pain in the [...]but this should help you for a while.

Message was edited by: mapesy

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Low on space message

Sometimes you need to power cycle the device for the memory to show backup    have you checked to see how much memory is available on the device

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat