Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Error Message:unable to send message. Retrying. Generic network failure

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Everyone,

Around 7pm, I started having trouble sending and receiving mms. I noticed it because I was trying to attach & send out my daughter's birthday party invitation and it wouldn't work. So I tried sending other photos and slide shows but they did not work either. I looked online and came across several solutions but none of them worked.

I tried:

• Going to my settings, applications, messaging and clearing out all the data
  • Restarting the phone in safe mode
  • I verified that I didn't have any data blocks or restrictions on my account or phone
  • I tried sending them in 3G
  • I tried sending them in 4G

The error messing I keep getting whenever I try is, first it with, picture is too large, then it says compressing. After that it sets up like normal and I select the recipient. Then I get a error message back that says; unable to send message. Retrying. Generic network failure. It has a icon next to it of a envelope with white exclamation point inside of a red triangle.

I have a HTC Evo 4G, if anyone has had this issuse and found a sucessful resolution please share it with me. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tea

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

There was a Sprint network outage last night for about an hour.  It's fixed.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat