cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Market update for Evo

Journeyman

Market update for Evo

Does anybody know if the Evo is ever going to get the new Android Market?

Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
Wizard

Market update for Evo

Updates have been rolling out over the past several weeks. I just got it on my Epic a couple of days ago. If you haven't gotten it yet, don't worry you will.

-Alec

Wizard

Market update for Evo

Alec is correct, I've got the Evo and I just got my update yesterday.  There's hope!

Journeyman

Market update for Evo

Are all EVO's supposed to get it around the same time??  I haven't gotten an update yet.  I know others with the EVO 4G and they have gotten it.  Everyone I know has gotten it, but me!

Re: Market update for Evo

You can either wait for the update to come to your phone or else you can send this link as a text to your device and download it to your phone.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7620746/com.android.vending-27.apk.

Ray

GrandMaster

Market update for Evo

it rolls out in groups.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Market update for Evo

Ray - will that link give me the most recent update?  3.0.27?

Wizard

I have called Google support and been emailing back and forth with them this last week. Per Google the updates should have been pushed to all phones by last Friday.

I was also told the carriers will be the cause of any delays and will be held accountable for said delays. So far the main phones I'm seeing that are NOT getting this is the EVO and EVO Shift.

The Optimus phones on my account have already got the update so it makes me wonder if either HTC or Sprint in all their edits to the OS screwed up the Market updater or the Market itself because other HTC phones on other carriers have got the update.

GrandMaster

Market update for Evo

in the other market thread there are a few that have actually recieved it and have the 4G. im one of the few that havent but unless its something magical im sure i can live without for a while lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

Yes it does give you version 3.0.27. I have downloaded that link on my HTC EVO and it works great.

Ray

Master

Market update for Evo

That is not the current version, 3.1.3 is. Google started pushing this one out yesterday, But you can download it from here if you don't want to wait for it to be pushed.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/08/23/download-android-market-3-1-3-adds-1-for-apps-and-games-pin-...

Journeyman

Market update for Evo

The kEvo really is a bad product when it comes to the battery life and constant software update. Iphones don't have these problems. anyone I now with the eveo I will ppersonally pay for them to cancel and switch to the Iphone..I paid way to much money for this junk !

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat