ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages Issue: I select one message and another one pops up instead?!

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I have had my EVO since mid October 2010. It was running fast for the first few weeks but then started to get slower. I figured it has been because of the apps and the sadly bad 4G service (slows it down). However one issue I keep having is that when I go to my text messages, I select for instance a conversation I am having with John but instead my Lucy's conversation comes up instead. Is anyone else having this problem? And then the AppCleaner notification keeps saying I have X amount of apps not being used but will not say specifically which ones aren't. Help!

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Messages Issue: I select one message and another one pops up instead?!

That happens to my evo all the time too, it makes it easy to accidentally send text messages to the wrong people. I kinda fixed it by deleting all my text message threads and setting a limit on the messages received in each conversation so each conversation can only hold 200 before it automatically deletes. Unfortunately, I had to have a hard reset done on my phone to do it because i had some message threads with like 5000 messages and my phone couldn't handle deleting them manually when i clicked on delete all in settings and it screwed up my phone. However now that everything is reset it seems fine and it seems like the problem is solved for now! hope this helps.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Google has finally been able to duplicate this issue and is working on a fix; it appears to be a bug in the core Android messaging code.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9392&cnum=500&cstart=1401#c1460

Once we receive the code from Google, we'll work with HTC to push out an update to the Evo.

Thanks for the report!

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Anything new on this? I can count the number of times ive ALMOST sent a message to the wrong person. Like telling my babies momma "luv you" when it was meant for my wife.......

GrandMaster

for the time being switch to another sms. im running handcent and it works pretty well. alot of options to change around and vamp up on it compared to the standard one the evo uses. either way you go make sure to shut off the standard sms notifications or you'll be recieving one from both. even if/when the fix comes through im sticking to handcent. its pretty nice

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Couldn't agree more - HANDCENT. It's even got four different font packs, just to keep things interesting.   --  Sharon

GrandMaster

lol im rolling with the color fade in the convos and the  black background. anyone that sees it while im texting tries to find it for their phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat