cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror Front Camera View

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mirror Front Camera View

Does anyone know how to reverse (mirror) the front camera view when taking a picture or video? I noticed that my name on my company badge was backwards when I took a picture the other day.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Mirror Front Camera View

When you turn on the camera you will see an arrow appear on the side of the screen. That is a menu so push it down and press the camera button. Once you have done that you will see a setting window at the bottom of the screen. Go to that screen and it will ask you if you want to switch cameras. Tell it yes then admire you picture as you hold the phone.

Hop this helps

Journeyman

Because working with a "forward" image is counter-intuitive to most folks (most people are used to looking into and manipulating mirrors), I suspect the mirror effect is intentional in the name of usability.  I still don't like it, and it really bothers people on the other end if you video conference.

I haven't been able to find a way to flip the image; if you do, please update this thread.

@DeanTMyers: You misunderstood the issue.  Follow your own instructions to enable the front camera and then hold something with words on it up to the front-facing camera, and the issue will become crystal clear.

Master

At this time there is no way, But now that the phone has launched and there are so many developers working on creating apps for them it may not be too long before we see an app that does it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat