cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Evo's On the Way?

Journeyman

Re: Ordered mine on RadioShackWireless.com (Re: More Evo's On the Way?)

Same here, I ordered mine through EVP, no order confirmation yet.  But I least we were able to put in an order instead of having to check the sprint web site 10 times a day.  Every person I have asked has told me they will have them within 2 weeks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I heard from friends today that quite a few trekled into the Best Buys in Delaware.... All sold out in no time. I am still waiting for my order with Radio Shack to finalize..... But, as I wait, I am still looking for the elusive EVO.  Sometimes I feel like I am looking to the holy grail.

Journeyman

Ordered mine on thursday through EVP, got shipping confirmation today.  Should have it by tuesday

Patron

Hmmm...I ordered mine Tuesday and still don't have a shipment confirmation!

Journeyman

Still no joy for us corporate customers!  Almost two months we've been waiting.  NEVER in a million years did I think froyo would be available before I could even get the phone!  Apparently demand is still very high, so I'm surprised there isn't more outrage about 2.2 being available and we don't have phones with which to update!!!  Ridiculous!  I think the next time the president of our company makes a joke about switching to VZW because of all this BS, I'm not going to argue for Sprint anymore.  All the Sprint reps love to tell you about how they're cheaper than Verizon and AT&T and maybe they are, but I'll bet if a company the size of ours calls up Verizon asking for something as simple as getting 2 phones, they'd get them for us!  They for sure wouldn't make us wait 2 MONTHS!!!  Actually, if nothing else they could at least TELL US when they will ship phones, not just play this you'll-get-it-when-you-get-it approach that Sprint's using.  I don't know if Sprint and HTC are working as hard as I hope they're working to resolve this shortage, but all I'm hearing is a lot of talk and not a lot of phones.  This isn't a remote area of the Amazon we're in where we're trying to get these phones Sprint!!!  I'm tired of defending Sprint.  Sprint, the company my family and I have used for going on 14 years.  You've officially let me down.  Two months is inexcusable.  In my opinion, there is no reason to stay with a company that keeps you in the dark, doesn't have answers, or a strategy for fixing the problem.  "Check your local store" is not a strategy.  It's Sprint's job to get products to customers that want to buy them, it's not our responsibility to track them down like precious gems.  The Evo WAS precious, until the Droid X and the Incredible came around.  Evo is still nice, but I wouldn't really know because I can't get one.

Journeyman

I'm sick of the wait for us corporate users as well. I work at a company that has 40,000+ users and I can't get a phone. Mine has been back-ordered and I see other people ordering after me and getting EVOs or at least ship dates. I just hope the CEO or some other high profile exec hasn't ordered one. Our company recommends the Sprint broadband air cards. They might get frustrated enough to recommend employees chose another carrier. We also use AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile. They could very easily recommend employees choose one of those over Sprint. Not a good idea to handle a corporate account as large as ours that way.

Well, less than 30 minutes after this post I get a tracking number. Maybe that bodes well for other corporate users as well! I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you as well!

Message was edited by: JohnnySokko

Journeyman

How did you get a tracking number for the phone? I called Sprint Business Telesales earlier this morning and they said there is nothing they can do for corporate customers... he told me to just keep checking the website for when they come back in stock . Not really fair that the corporate customers should have to wait when even our local Sprint store is getting shipments of 2 or 3 in every day. If you have any tips it would be appreciated!

Journeyman

twelle wrote:

How did you get a tracking number for the phone? I called Sprint Business Telesales earlier this morning and they said there is nothing they can do for corporate customers... he told me to just keep checking the website for when they come back in stock . Not really fair that the corporate customers should have to wait when even our local Sprint store is getting shipments of 2 or 3 in every day. If you have any tips it would be appreciated!

I love it!  I'm glad someone else is having the same problem as we!  What's really, really funny about this situation is, if you go back at look at post number 207 in this thread from a Sprint employee, they are claiming that it is not Sprint's policy to withhold phones from corporate customers, and cited reasons like the Sprint store I visited was not a "corporate" store and so are not bound by the same rules, likewise with Best Buy.  I would love for them to tell me the Sprint telesales isn't a corporate arm of the "official" Sprint.  The fact that the telesales turned you away validates my point about corporate customers getting the shaft!  Does Sprint know what Sprint's policy is regarding corporate customers???  I would LOVE for someone at Sprint who actually knows what they're talking about to chime in and give a clear, concise answer about this issue.  I don't want to hear about shortages, high demand or otherwise because as far as I'm concerned, in my neck of the woods, Evos are not unbelievable hard to find.  I want to know WHY SPRINT IS REFUSING TO SELL THE EVO 4G TO CORPORATE CUSTOMERS.  That's it.  At least when I tell the president of my company, who is waiting for an Evo as am I, why we don't have phones yet I'll have an answer for him.  I don't want to hear about individual store policy or how this is all my fault that I can't get an Evo.  Sprint is holding them back and it's wrong.  I know it and Sprint knows it.  So would someone from Sprint like to field this question about corporate customers in light of my experience and the poster above?

Journeyman

I'm not really sure how I got it ans other corporate users haven't. It's all handled by a group within my company. If I had any tips or tricks to give I certainly would.

Journeyman

I ordered my HTC EVO on July 19th through Radio Shacks website.... Order still pending. My nephew goes into the Radio Shack store this past Friday and the manager places him on the waiting list and tells him he is number 21 on the list.... Well,  3 days later, my nephew gets his EVO. Now, my order is still pending. So, I cancel it after asking Radio Shack customer service about why its taking so long to fill my order. I go to Best Buy and ask the saleman if they have any in stock.  He says he believes they have one and then wants to confirm my eligibility.  I tell him, I am a premier customer with Sprint and am eligible to purchase the phone at the 199.00 price.  He tells me that I am indeed eligible but the price is 349.00 not 199.00 since I did an upgrade 1 year ago.  We get into a heated discussion, the guy behind me is returning his EVO and says he did the upgrade this weekend and paid the 199.00..... Then the rep. says, I have worked here for a year and that is our policy for  1 year upgrades with Sprint. I tell him, I have purchased phones from Best Buy and since the premier customer policy was established with Sprint, I pay the 199.00 price not 349.00.... I am told to pay HIS price or no phone... The phone stayed there..... I went to Sprint and got want I wanted...... bye bye Best buys..... Filed a complaint with their corporate office and will not shop there again....I've had to complain to often.....

Patron

Well, the EVO I ordered from the EVP line last Tuesday finally shipped today.  I got a tracking number ad it's scheduled for delivery on 8/4!

Journeyman

It's not only corporate customers that get the bad deals.  I went to my local store to see how far down on the waiting list I was number nine, which sounded great until the rep said that I should get mine shortly since they were almost done with their new activations and would then move on to the upgrade list.

A waiting list should be A waiting list.  New customer, upgrade customer shouldn't matter.  The order in which you request a phone should be the determining factor as to when you get one.

I understand the corporate mentality that says "You're already on the hook and will wait as long as it takes to get our new phone, but if we don't satisfy these new customers they'll just pick one of the other providers instead" - I just don't agree with it. 

Some people say that loyal, long-term Sprint customers should have head-of-the-line privileges, but I'm not asking for that.  I just want to be treated EQUALLY.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat