cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Evo's On the Way?

Journeyman

Re: Ordered mine on RadioShackWireless.com (Re: More Evo's On the Way?)

So true, but I'm afraid the new contact lines sold mean far more to Sprint.  News reported 111K new activations in 2Q10, but other soruces say the activation system was brought down on June 4th, which may have required over 400,000 activations to crash it.   Other 2Q results reported were loss of 228,000 postpaid users compared to an expected loss of 355,000, or net avoidance (increase) of 123k.  We existing contract customers need to overcome both reluctance to change and perhaps early terminaiton fees as well to break with Sprint completely.  Of course, some may have already done that, or simply ordered a new Droid X with corporate pricing and its new phone incentives...so no new EVO orders from those folks...

Journeyman

Your Best option is to call the nearest corporate Sprint Store.....I Called two weeks ago and they a few and saved me one til i got there. I even ended up spending less money IN the store than what i would have ONLINE. The Sales Associate applied every discount he could and etc. So On My 1st attempt at trying a store, i got one...EVEN IF THE NEAREST STORE WAS THE NEXT CITY OVER (Sprint Why Did You Take Away Our Store?????)....just a suggestion, just keep a look out on the nearest corporate store. Another Thing Is To Check Places Like Walmart (I Work In Wireless At Walmart Even Tho We Dont Sell Sprint In My Store)...I Think We May Have Some Online. And Check Your Nearest Store Too....Shipments Of Phones Come In Around 10-12 AM-PM UPS & FEDEX.

Journeyman

I called the EVP Program line (I have a personal account with a corporate discount) and the rep (Brian) was fantastic.  After he verified my account and confirmed I could order an upgrade through that department, he laughed when I asked if he'd be surprised that I wanted an Evo.  He said they just cannot keep them in stock.  He then took my order, walked me through the upgrade terms, advised how to get my mail-in rebate....and it should be shipped to me in 3 - 4 days.  So I guess I'm looking at about 2 weeks that I should receive it - vs. the retail stores still telling me to check back with them in 2 -3 weeks just to see if they have any in stock not going to the infernal waiting list. Interestingly, I've noticed a recent increase in TV advertising in my area promoting the Evo, but they dont tell you that you cannot have one yet, not even when you contact your local Sprint store.   (laughable!)

Journeyman

Called EVP on Thursday, July 29th, talked to Brian and ordered the EVO.  I still haven't received a shipment notification.  I did call back on monday and was told that my order wasn't actually placed but was noted as being placed as soon as EVOs come in stock.  The rep told me that you are more likely to get your EVO if the order was submitted sooner (?)

I've called everyone Sprint/Radio Shack/Best Buy/Walmart in the area and all are out of stock.  Funny, considering I live in such a rural area.  It also sucks, because I cannot afford the $ or time to drive 2 hours to BB every day or two just on the oft chance that they may have one in stock that they aren't telling me about over the phone.

Journeyman

I just received my shipment notification.

Message was edited by: GHRuiz

Journeyman

WTH... Are you serious?  Ive been waiting a week for a shipment and you received yours the same day.  I think that is the last straw.  I was anxious to start a new contract with Sprint, who ive never been a customer, but I cannot continue to wait.  This phone will be used for my comoany and would have had the potential to expand to more users.

Congratz to you, but Ive run out of patience...for a phone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I ordered from Radioshack because I didnt want to  pay 299.00. After waiting 2 weeks and no shipment confirmation received.  I went to Best Buys where the sales girl tried to charge me 349.00 for the phone, told me they did not honor the Sprint premium member benefit. Left there and stopped at the main Sprint store in Delaware. The lead consultant was great. Tried to sell me the EVO, but, the last one was being sold as we were talking. Told me he would have move the next day. Got a call following morning and I now HAVE MY EVO.......

Journeyman

Re: More Evo's On the Way?

I ordered mine from EVP on 7/30 and immediately replied to the email to "sign" the agreement within about 10 minutes.  I received an email on 8/3 that said that the order had been sent to the warehouse for the next supply to be sent out and it attached the rebate form, which was nice.  A few seconds ago (8/5), I got an email with a tracking number, so I should be getting my Evo in just a few more days.  Each email, the rep:  Lisa, was friendly and very personable, remarking about earlier comments I had made the week before when I placed my order.  I thought this added a very nice touch.  She is right on her game too, replying to any emails about 2-3 minutes after I sent them.  I would totally recommend them to someone else.

JF

Edited to add:  Total on invoice is 323.24.    I assume the 24.23 is sales tax.  Rebate form will be going out the day after I get the phone.

Message was edited by: co91801

Journeyman

I talked to my EVP rep again today and I was about to cancel but decided against it.  As I said before, I first called and ordered on July 29th and I have just now received my order confirmation a week later...  I have no idea why it wasn't processed immediately, I would have probably had a phone by now if it were.

I have to say they are very quick to respond and they are eager to help, I'm just becoming a little impatient.  Especially when reading other people's experiences with same day order confirmations and  phones within a week.

Journeyman

WOW this is really annoying now. i have had my EVO on order since july 19th through my Sprint coprorate store, and people are just making phone calls and getting them...

Journeyman

Sorry dude, that we're getting ours so quick, but have you ever thought to place your order with EVP and then waiting to see which goes through first and if EVP ships first, to cancel your other one???????  I mean, hedging your bets makes sense to me, so why would one wait on Sprint Corporate, when they plainly see how others are getting theirs?

Journeyman

Well what i did was, at the store i signed a contract to do the upgrade. They said once the phone is in stock we will finalize the paper work and switch the phones. Now im not sure if i were to get it somewhere else , then cancel that paper work if they would allow me to! Well im hoping for the phone by tomorrow or early next week(thats what the store said).

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat