cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Evo's On the Way?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: More Evo's On the Way?

I've had my EVO since the 3rd of August. Not feeling it..... I had to take it back to the store once so far.... Was told a defect in the operating system and Sprint had to reload all software.....I notice the touch screen jams up sometimes and the phone will automatically to reset it.

Anyway, did any loyal customers get the offer to pre order the Samsung EPIC?

Why is it that I don't remember getting the same offer on the EVO?

Journeyman

I think you can pre-order the Epic, I'm not sure when that starts though.

As for the iPhone...I don't know, if you never had one before I guess you probably won't be too disappointed...but really (aside from the front camera) the iPhone is just the SAME phone year after year and the call clarity won't be as good. I know people who have switched from the iPhone to the EVO. In fact, it's a very common situation that people are switching from the iPhone to the EVO...And I mean loyal iPhone fans, they had 3 of them before and passed on the iPhone4. PLUS the biggest problem of all is AT&T's pricing. I've had Verizon before and now Sprint. I don't think I'd move to any other network except the two. IF the iPhone was on Sprint or Verizon then I might have considered getting one a while ago, but not anymore. Android is going to actually uproot the iPhone over time. There's just too many devices that have Android now. It's impossible for iPhone to hold ground and I guess really it makes sense if any company could take on Apple, it'd be Google. Microsoft sure, but Windows Mobile just has never been good enough. I definitely would recommend playing with the iPhone4 extensively before switching and note that if you do switch you may not be able to port your number back if you change your mind later.

Honestly, I get the good impression more EVOs will be in this week. From what everyone is saying. If not this week...oh well! They will come back in stock eventually. I would never let a week or two of waiting push me into changing carriers. Now if you said a 6 months before any more phones...ok...maybe.

Journeyman

I am in the Atlanta market and my store has no EVO's today for my store.

The story I heard was the glass is on backorder. Who knows how long that could take.

I went to the kiosk in the mall and they were trying to sell me the new Samsung but I want my HTC.

Journeyman

Just checked at a store and they told me their shipments will be coming in any time on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.  Hope they're right...

Journeyman

This is what sprint did for pre-orders. Now everything is on a first come first serve basis

Journeyman

Just got off the phone with the sprint store (bout a minute ago)  in my area and they can confirm they are getting some this week, but on what day, they don't know.

Patron

I don't think anyone will be able to just walk in and walk out with one. The Central Florida Market here seems to have a 2 week waiting list. Most of the stores here have told me that they get about 10 in every week, and they are more then happy to reserve one if you either put down a deposit or pay for it upfront. Again, that only applies to new customers and current customers that are eligable for full upgrade. If you're still not at the end of your 2 year agreement, then you're kind-of hard pressed. I've actually had several stores tell me to check with a 'corporate owned' store for one if you're not new or fully eligable for upgrade.

I've see this with the sprint website too. I've tried upgrading one of my lines, and it says sold out, when I'm logged in, yet if I clear my cache, don't login, and goto the store, there is is ready for purchase. If you don't mind waiting up to 2 weeks, it's probably best just to get on the reservation list.

Journeyman

All the corporate stores here have scrapped their waiting lists, and people have been walking out with them in hand. It's all just a matter of when you get there.

Journeyman

wats a couparite store? i have been on a waiting list for like 1 day at two radio shacks...anyone have any segestions on how i can get my evo and get it fast?

Journeyman

Suggestions?  Call and call and call some more.  Stop in to best buy and preorder if they are offering it.  At the best buy near me, you have to buy a $50 gift card and you are put on the list.  Can use card on the phone when it comes in.  I guess I got REALLY lucky, only searched for 2 days before I was able to snag one online.

I know it is very frustrating to not be able to get this phone, but at least Sprint now has something to be excited about.

Journeyman

I read last night late that HTC or sprint whomever is waiting on the screens, Samsung was the maunfaturer, but they cant or wont delivery the glass.

The new screen is not AMOLED and will be LCD, from what the article said.

Who knows....

My guy at the brick and mortor said this week but who knows.

Patron

I remember reading something about that the other night as well. I wasn't sure if it was saying that the origional mfg. peetered out and Sprint contracted with Samsung for the glass, or if Samsung was it all along. One thing is for sure though, Sprint really under estimated the demand for the phone, which really is odd given their massive media marketing on it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat