cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Evo's On the Way?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: More Evo's On the Way?

yes epic is a slider but you don't HAVE to use the sliding feature for it to work in anyway (although why wouldn't you want to use it?), there is a on screen keyboard. i don't know why it bothers you but for me, having the slide out keyboard is a plus.

Journeyman

you CAN turn off touchwiz and the phone then uses VANILLA ANDROID UI...

great to know.

the EPIC is also $50 dollars more...

i would NOT get the epic over the evo.

remember u can always get the epic and take it back and get the evo, thats what the 30 day thing is for...

you could go get the epic now, and see if u like it, if not take it back and get the evo.

simple.

Journeyman

intheb0x wrote:

you CAN turn off touchwiz and the phone then uses VANILLA ANDROID UI...

great to know.

the EPIC is also $50 dollars more...

i would NOT get the epic over the evo.

remember u can always get the epic and take it back and get the evo, thats what the 30 day thing is for...

you could go get the epic now, and see if u like it, if not take it back and get the evo.

simple.

Good point about the 30 days.  I know I don't HAVE to use the slider and I wouldn't...  so I don't want to have to carry it around.  I think I would prefer stock Android to the touchwiz, however I prefer Sense over stock Adroid slightly.  If I was confident I could get an Evo within 30 days of getting an Epic my boss may go for it.  The problem is: I kind of have them sold on the Evo so convincing them the Epic is of similar quality would be going back to square one.  I would prefer to go with an Evo because, if this goes well (assuming we can actually get them this decade) the Evo may be a phone management switches to instead of using Blackberrys.  I think everyone at my work is sort of sick of Blackberrys.  The last touch screen management tried were Instincts, which they promptly ditched.  So convincing them the Evo is superior and shouldn't even be held in the same class was no easy feat on my part.  No that I have them convinced the Evo is the way to go...  they can't get one!  A WHILE ago I made the joke that if we were VERY lucky, I may have an Evo to take pictures of my kid's first steps...  my wife was only 8 WEEKS PREGNANT AT THE TIME!!!  Now, we're in our second trimester...  maybe I shouldn't have put the vibe out that I wasn't going to get an Evo until my kid was born...  seems like the day is looming closer and closer.

Journeyman

I missed out on the "in stock" evo's a few days back because I was out of the country.  Upon my return I tried Sprint online, my local Sprint store, Best Buy online and then the waiting list at Best Buy and then Radio Shack.

I called yesterday and was told they had (1) ONE phone left.  I immediately went up there and got my new phone.  Now, how the heck does it work?

While there, the guy tried to sell me the Epic.  I declined.  I overheard an interesting discussion, though.  The other salesclerk was talking to the store manager about more shipments and mentioned that since Samsung made the screen for the Evo and the Epic was now out they were not going to be making any screens for 30 days for the Evo.

Not sure how true but interesting to hear and it probably makes sense in the business world.  I feel bad for those that have not been able to get the phone.  It is impressive.  I am in Jacksonville tomorrow night so I will try the 4G there and try and download something.

Journeyman

try radio shack and places like that i wen to my local radio shack and they had it idk how many but i didnt get it due to the fact they wanted 199 bucks and after i tried to ask them why do i need to pay up front if im just getting an upgrade and contract upgrade the ppl didnt give me a straigt answer

Master

dfifner wrote:

While there, the guy tried to sell me the Epic.  I declined.  I overheard an interesting discussion, though.  The other salesclerk was talking to the store manager about more shipments and mentioned that since Samsung made the screen for the Evo and the Epic was now out they were not going to be making any screens for 30 days for the Evo.

And that person was simply repeating the rumors that have been going around the net for months (like many other people). Samsung has never made any screens for the EVO. All of the screens for the EVO have come from Novatel or Epson.

Journeyman

Again, no EVOs on Sprint.com, let's see how long does it take this time. Hope it's not two months.

Journeyman

leonelgalan wrote:

Again, no EVOs on Sprint.com, let's see how long does it take this time. Hope it's not two months.

Amen!  Has anyone heard more about the September 12th date being of significance?

Journeyman

It's the first Sunday of the new NFL season.  What more significance does a day need?

Journeyman

I went to the Sprint Store yesterday. The employees were wearing EPIC promotional t shirts. Sprint is backing  the wrong phone. The EVO is flying off of the shelves.

Journeyman

I Hate Sprint.I bought the EVO out right so i wouldn't have to stay stuck with them for the fear of another PC of $h!t phone. And look what i got, a pc of shit phone. Just that. I have had nothing but problems with there service, phones (i have had all top of the line phones including the first touch, touch 2, palm pre, blackberry curve, and another touch screen phone i cant think of and now the evo ). the customer service has nothing but idiots 98% of the time.

All "expensive" Sprint phones are garbage.you HAVE to pay the extra $7 a month or youre really screwed. I went in to the corporate repair center and they said they are the largest repair center in the world. hmmmm makes you wonder why. But in a matter of 6 months you might as well quit paying for insurance because you can get the phone you would have to make a claim on cheaper on craigslist anway. keep in mind you will have to pay a $100/$50 deductible. They keep adding charges for anything they want.Employees will steal your account(pin #) and make claims for new phones and you will get stuck paying it. Its just like steeling a credit card. Get hung up on by customer service. be promised a call back from customer service and never get it.  All customer service does is say "i apologies about that." let me run you over by a car and say "i apoligise about that" and go on with my day

They are just as bad as AT&T. I AM LEAVING SPRINT ASAP.Good thing I didn't renew my (3 lines and internet card) contract. Verizon or T-mobile here I come (back).Cant wait! Ive regretted going with Sprint sense day 1. Never again. Never ***.***.****

ohh & 1 more thing, you pay your bill a month in advanced. Remember when you just signed up and you got a bill in the mail the next week? im sure you called and asked. well the answer was you pay a month in advanced. when you cancel, do you think they are going to cut you a check for that month in advance that you just paid??? Fuck no!!! Thats another way they are getting over on people. This is some kind of legal scam. Im in the wrong business. lmao sprint is a joke of a business.

Message was edited by: racqueteer1. Personal phone number removed to protect the user's privacy, and font size reduced.

Journeyman

@shena88:

You didn't say what problems you're having with your EVO. I'm sorry it's given you trouble, because it's had an exceptionally good track record and a very, very low rate of returns. But if you tell me what's wrong with it, maybe I or someone else can get you some help.

Also, if you've had it 30 days or less, you can use the 30-day guarantee to take it back where you bought it.

Finally, you suggested that you pay for an extra month you don't get, but that's not true. Every bill tells you what time period you're paying for, so you can keep track. Yes, you do pay your first monthly fee right away. Otherwise, a few dishonest people could get a phone, use it 30 days, return it and never pay for the service. That would hurt honest customers like you.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat