cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Evo's On the Way?

Journeyman

More Evo's On the Way?

Ok, so it is Monday 6/7 and there are no Evo's available in my area at RS, BB, or Sprint stores, and I cannot believe that Sprint stopped taking orders for more.  So I am now on a waiting list at a specific Sprint Store.

Does anyone know when more Evos are going to be available?  Isn't the next iPhone coming out in 1-2 weeks?  If there are no Evos, it is going to be hard to convince my wife to wait for an Evo over a new iPhone -- this could be a major disaster for Sprint.

494 REPLIES 494
Journeyman

Re: More Evo's On the Way?

I sure hope so because I'm looking to purchase mines on the 18th of this month. I asked for an early upgrade so I can get it.

Journeyman

I am on the wait list for the Evo as well. I think Sprint is not ready to handle demand of  Evos. I am starting to think about getting  Iphone 4.

Journeyman

I am also on a waiting list, but am considering ordering online. A customer service rep said they would arrive 2-5 days...seems pretty fast compared to what the stores are saying. Any idea as to whether that is accurate? I'm trying to decide whether I should order online or wait it out.

THANKS!

Journeyman

A buddy of mine orderd online on sunday and he has a tracking number saying thursday del.

Journeyman

You dont have to wait on the line at the store because you can buy it here on the web sprint online store.  not only you save time, you also save activation fee ($18 i think).  of course that is to have 2 yr contract agreement.  You will get your phone within 1-2 days shipping.

Journeyman

its accurate and reliable because i bought it online (6/4 friday) and got it today (6/7 monday).  you even need to count weekends.  Whats good is that you save money ($18) for activation fee because you can do it yourself.

Journeyman

I placed an order online yesterday (Sunday) afternoon...... It shipped today @ 1:30pm and just checked with UPS that it will arrive tomorrow (Tuesday) (I am in South Florida)... pretty quick!!!

Journeyman

I just tried ordering mine...it now says sold out!!! My boyfriend ordered his late last night, i'm having doubts about him getting his at all This is terrible!!! I don't like all of this mystery. I wonder if we'll have to wait weeks now. 

Journeyman

I wish we could hear something from Sprint directly.  For a communications company, the communications from Sprint are disappointing.

According to this article,it could be up to a month for the next shipment of Evos. That will be long after the next iPhone is available.  No wonder Sprint stock is only $4 a share.

At least some communication might keep a few of us from going for the iPhone -- but we have none from Sprint.

Journeyman

We're sorry you're having trouble getting your hands on a new EVO!

Here's what I can tell you: Inventory calls are going on here every day as Sprint and HTC try to meet the unprecedented demand. Keep checking http://www.sprint.com/phones for more inventory, and/or keep calling your local stores.

Meanwhile, for those of you who are thinking of getting the iPhone 4 if you have to wait a few days for a new EVO, consider a few factors:

• New AT&T customers can't get unlimited data with the iPhone 4. $15  gets you 200MB a month. Good luck if you want to use Pandora or Netflix.
  • The iPhone 4 costs $199 for 16GB or $299 for 32GB: no expandability. With the EVO, you get 8GB but can expand it to 32GB with a removable SD card. Your choice.
  • No 4G with the iPhone 4. Not now, not ever.
  • EVO: 8 megapixel camera. iPhone 4G: 5 megapixels.
  • EVO: 4.3-inch screen with kickstand vs. iPhone 4 3.5-inch screen.
Journeyman

There are two Sprint stores close to me, and one has received no Evos in the last three days, and the other has received 10.  So I am not sure how the distribution chain is working, but it looks like trickling in.

Thanks Racqueteer for the info.

Here is a link to an article on this subject from a few hours ago.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat