cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Evo's On the Way?

Journeyman

Re: More Evo's On the Way?

I ordered the first minute (literally) that the EVO showed up on Sprint.com on Friday 6/4 at 12.02 am  (Thursday 6/3 11:12 pm was the time I finished the order as I printed the confirmation screen from my order).  My order did not ship till after Monday 6/7.  Now I am being told Wed or Thursday delivery.  I see that many have ordered days after and recieved theirs already.  And to add insult to injury,  My last month bill dropped and on it is the new line I added to get the EVO with a prorated charge for June 4 thru June 4 for the new line and the "premium data fee".  So it has been said that the fee is just foe having the phone but I am charged it already and dont have the phone yet.

Sprint Admin feel free to chime in on this.

I am not in any way arguing the fee is unfair or what not.  I am an adult and know how it works but this is a little hard even to fathom.

Update:  Called Sprint and explained it to CS.  Gave me $70 off my account for trouble.  Who said Sprint customer service sucks?

Message was edited by: dayvedayve6689

Journeyman

So glad to hear you got that worked out. *Whew*

HTC is one of the very best with inventory management, but the early sales just swamped them. I hate for anybody to have to wait even a day to get their hands on an EVO, but believe me, we're gonna work as hard as we can to get more produced and out to our wonderfully patient customers.

Journeyman

I ordered mine from www.mallettblastoff.com on Saturday and should have in my hands tomorrow!! Paid $189 puls I'll get a $25 rebait to boot! I also ordered the 2 battery and charger from e-bay for $9.99!

Journeyman

I ordered mine from Amazon on monday night. Should be here next friday or the following monday. I just hope that they actually can get it out that fast, seeing how big the shortage is.

Journeyman

The Evo is now available again from Sprint's online store.  I just ordered my Evo, and per Sprint's own policy - if it is not currently available, they have to call me to give me the option to cancel the order. In any case, I am still on the waiting list at 2 stores, in case Sprint online cannot deliver.

Looks to me like Sprint is getting some more Evos!

Patron

I'd order online.  Don't get me wrong the appeal of going into a store and picking one up immediately is pretty strong.  I work for Sprint.com and have , , been known to slide into a store for a release just to get it fast.  But if inventory is out at the store near you then you'll be waiting anyway.  Online site still had inventory when I left this evening.

Thanks for choosing Sprint.

Journeyman

Wow!  I am very impressed with Sprint!  I ordered 2 Evo's online from Sprint this afternoon, and they have already been shipped and will arrive at my door tomorrow.  That was much faster than I expected! Neither of the Sprint stores where I am on the waiting list have called me.  So, anyone who is looking for an Evo - go to the Sprint store online.

Journeyman

And.... Sprint online is out stock again.

Message was edited by: patman1782

Patron

just talked to inventory group and online was resupplied with EVO's as of this morning - 6/16, not sure how long they'll last.

Journeyman

how could that be? I ordered on 6/12 and as of today 6/16 evening my status still shows backordered...

It's all completely bogus.  Please, do people REALLY think that Sprint has sold out that many Evo 4Gs?  Do a Google search folks!  Sprint hasn't sold more than 66,000 units, and ended up firing one of their own for leaking the info!  Source:  http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/14/sprint-fires-employee-who-leaked-weak-evo-4g-sales-numbers/

As to WHY the online channels and Sprint stores were "sold out" is simply for one of 2 reasons (and I don't care which is true):

1. Sprint is trying to create hype over this phone by misleading customers into THINKING that the phone is a hot seller (when it's actually not).

2. Sprint failed to order sufficient supply of phones, and thus has had to wait on HTC to ship the phones over (which takes time).

Either Sprint is telling lies to improve sales, or Sprint is inept at truly estimating the number of handsets that they actually can sell.  Regardless, if you're ok with paying an activation fee, I suggest trying your local Best Buy store or Radio Shack to see if they have any left.  I can tell you that the Best Buy in Novi, Michigan still had 8 of them (they originally had 10 as of June 4th), and one of the reps told me that people walked away when the customer was informed of the $10/month extra charge.  Also, there's always the option of buying the phone brand new (or used) on eBay.  But the point is that indirect sales channels may still have Evo handsets to sell ya...so you might try there instead.

Journeyman

Let's get some figures corrected:

Engadget: "Sprint just issued a correction in the wee hours stating that first day EVO 4G sales were, in reality, "in line with" the number of Instincts and Pres sold over their first three days on the market combined."

That's the number of Instinct's + the number of Pre's sold over the first three days, not just the number of Pre's. Remember, that's combining the two top-selling Sprint devices up to the EVO release.

Also from Engadget:

...a figure of 65,500 sold units from Sprint's own stores...

Assuming that figure was accurate (and I honestly don't know), it counts only "Sprint's own stores." That leaves out telesales, web sales, Best Buy, Radio Shack, and any other reseller I may be forgetting.

The first news release was clearly a gaffe, and that's why Sprint corrected it. However, let me assure anybody who wants an EVO that there's no conspiracy to keep the inventory low, and there's no hidden stash of EVO's sitting in a bunker somewhere. Did HTC make enough to satisfy demand? Nope. Are they manufacturing more as quickly as they can? Yep.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat