cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Evo's On the Way?

Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: More Evo's On the Way?

quasijedi wrote:

It's all completely bogus.  Please, do people REALLY think that Sprint has sold out that many Evo 4Gs?

[snark]

Actually, the way I read it, we sold 6.  Five of them we gave away this week at the ballgame, and we had one more demo unit we mailed around to the magazines.  We sold that one on EBay after Gizmodo got done with it.

HTC only made six before Apple bought their factory and fired all the workers.

Or something like that 

[/snark]

Raquetteerr  (why is his ID so hard to spell) has it right - but he beat me to the punch.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I got mine! Thats all that counts 

J/K!!!!!

Wizard

racqueteer1 wrote:

...a figure of 65,500 sold units from Sprint's own stores...

Assuming that figure was accurate (and I honestly don't know), it counts only "Sprint's own stores." That leaves out telesales, web sales, Best Buy, Radio Shack, and any other reseller I may be forgetting....

You forgot, at least, affilliate stores and Walmart.

Journeyman

I posted in another topic, I got one this evening. Walked into a Radio Shack yesterday, no EVOs but one on the way for a pre-order, sisn't know if any more were coming. I had him take my name and number and the manager called me today that there was a phone with my name on it. It was a slightly out of the way RS, so maybe that helped.

Journeyman

Let's hope more are on the way!  The president of my company ordered an Evo for himself and for me over a week and a half ago and not only have we not gotten them, I don't think the "Preferred" Sprint store we ordered them from has even been able to order them.  Being the tech guy in my office, I'm the most disappointed, but when even the president of my company is noticing what a sad state this ordering is in, that's pretty noteworthy to me.  I've been into the Sprint store twice since we put the order in a week ago on Wednesday and the employees are just as clueless about ordering Evos as we are.  I'm in no way blaming the employees, but when Sprint stores can't scrape up the units to dole out that's a pretty significant undershot on Sprint's part.  I'm wondering if they read all the posts of people complaining about the "Premium Data Charge" (which I still think is bogus IMHO) and decided, "Gee, maybe this will be a dud."  I've been a Sprint customer for over 10 years and I don't want to leave, however, if I can get an iPhone4 that debuts on June 24th before I can get an Evo that debuted on June 4th, there is something very wrong with that equation.

PROVE ME WRONG SPRINT!  PRETTY PLEASE!  With a $10 Premium charge on top?

Journeyman

I have ben a SPRINT customer for 8 years and I TOTALLY agree with you.

Journeyman

I agree Sprint plans appear cheaper and I have been a Sprint Premier customer ever since the Premier Customer status was conceived.  HOWEVER, all the righteousness of the Evo 4g along with its "it's-still-cheaper-than-the-other-guys" ammunition doesn't help us all if we can't get one.  I was so excited about the Evo way back when it was announced as the 'Supersonic' online, but I think I feel worse than before it was released because, at least before June 4th, it was impossible to get.  Now, it is "available" and I still can't get one.  It's like staring at a fridge with no food in it.  You always think if you stare long enough a sandwich will materialize out of thin air!  Also frustrating, when asking Sprint when more units may arrive, we are told to check the inventory status online.  Yeah, I checked, "more are on the way" is not an inventory status update.  More kegs on the way to a frat party is a status update, and not to be used to describe a multi-million dollar operation's estimation of when their flagship product will arrive in stores.

Journeyman

The problem apparently is HTC is having supply problems. Until they can get more manufactured, they can't stock Sprint. I'm guessing that's the main reason for no date as well, because they don't have a target date. They are probably seriously trying to get more shipped, but the supplies are low and it could be a while. I feel sorry for everyone who can't get their hands on one yet. I was able to snag one off Amazon when they first appeared there, and had it shipped within a week. Hopefully, HTC can get more manufactured, but they are having this problem with several popular phones, including the Incredible. This isn't some trick of Sprint's, just a problem of demand being way too high for the supply rate. My advice is to shop around and then settle on a place and stick with it until it arrives. Try Amazon, Radio Shack or Best Buy. Some of the more remote ones still have a few here and there.

Journeyman

bexter2000 wrote:

I agree Sprint plans appear cheaper and I have been a Sprint Premier customer ever since the Premier Customer status was conceived.  HOWEVER, all the righteousness of the Evo 4g along with its "it's-still-cheaper-than-the-other-guys" ammunition doesn't help us all if we can't get one.  I was so excited about the Evo way back when it was announced as the 'Supersonic' online, but I think I feel worse than before it was released because, at least before June 4th, it was impossible to get.  Now, it is "available" and I still can't get one.  It's like staring at a fridge with no food in it.  You always think if you stare long enough a sandwich will materialize out of thin air!  Also frustrating, when asking Sprint when more units may arrive, we are told to check the inventory status online.  Yeah, I checked, "more are on the way" is not an inventory status update.  More kegs on the way to a frat party is a status update, and not to be used to describe a multi-million dollar operation's estimation of when their flagship product will arrive in stores.

I understand your frustration with now tht the phone has been released and you can't get one.  I'm sure sprint feels the same because they don't make any money until you purchase a new EVO.  And they're in business to make money, right?

Now, Plese beieve me when I say,  I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ here, but when you say "Yeah, I checked, "more are on the way" is not an inventory status update."   
When Sprint has no EVO's in inventory, but they are coming, what is an inventory status update?  Keep in mind they can't be updating the web every 30 minutes with, "They're coming down htc's assembly line now" or "They're on a truck going to the docks" or "two palets of EVO's are being loaded into the plane".  Whatever the reason Sprint has no EVO's in stock, the result is the same, you can't get one until they do.

Best of luck to those of us, me included, that are waiting for Sprints supply of EVO's without the "screen lifting" issue. Having said that Bexter, maybe we are some of the lucky ones cuz we "dodged the bullet" on the first run EVO's!

Journeyman

I agree the screen lifting issue is best avoided all together.  I really don't expect Sprint to tell me when the tape is going on the shipping boxes.  I just don't like being told to check the website and it says the same thing it said 4 days ago, as if they keep it updated.  I do, however, have a hard time believing at the loading dock Sprint is clueless as to when more phones arrive.  Sprint's business is their business, but I am a customer and a complimentary, "Hey, we get shipments on Mondays and Thursdays" isn't out of the question I don't think, or whatever the case may be.  If they didn't get any all of last week, that's fine too, but own it at least. 

Switching gears, I wonder in my heart of hearts where the chain really broke with the supply issue.  If Sprint sold every HTC unit that was produced then good on ya Sprint!  That's a great feat bar none and I hope it does more to give Sprint a more solid foundation in order to expand their operation (read: I want 4g in Birmingham, AL), but it's a bummer the way this whole thing is going down.  From what I read VZW is having similar issues with the Incredible (supply not the screen lifting).  On the flip side of the coin you have HTC not being able to produce enough units.  I get it, someone has to make them and ship them and deliver them.  Hopefully for many of us, if the screen problem is a bigger issue than initially thought they're correcting the problem before they ship to the states resulting in a slowdown.  I'm in no manner an Apple fan, but it will be interesting to see what kind of rollout they have for the iPhone4 in regards to this kind of supply situation.  I know they make some of their own stuff, but if you don't have the quantity, you don't have the quantity and you have to get it from somewhere.  Going back to my original point I WANT Sprint to take market share from AT&T so I want them to get phones out so people will stay.  Plus, on a personal note, I talked the president of my company into this phone which is now on meta back-order, and every day this thing is delayed is making me look bad and I don't need any help looking bad!!!

Journeyman

I hear ya Bex.  There is one bright spot in this.... since you talked you boss into this phone, it would've been much worse for you if he'd gotten one of the first ones and was involved in the screen lifting issue.

I'm no Apple fan either, even though both my wife and daughter have iPhones and love them. My current phone is an Omnia1 with Verizon, which I'm very happy with, but my next phone will be an Android phone.  It's the up & coming OS and will pass Apple sometime in the future. (IMO)

Just to stay on topic here, I truely think, "More EVO's are on the way!"  (Sorry Bexter)

Journeyman

I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat