Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movies on the HTC Evo

Journeyman

Movies on the HTC Evo

How do I download movies to my HTC evo?

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

That depends on what you mean by download?

Here's how I get and watch movies on my Evo...  I convert files that I have available to me (source doesn't matter) that are not protected (ie: not a DVD movie with encryption) and are readable and playable on my computer by standard methods such as media player or VLC .  I use handbrake on my pc to convert the movie to a format my phone can use, I plug in the USB cable, set to "disk drive" and copy the file to a folder called "movies".  The phone automagically detects the new files.

I REALLY want a netflix client for my Evo. That would be sweet.

Master

http://www.knowyourcell.com/htc/htc-evo-4g/evo-4g-guides/487469/how_to_convert_videos_and_transfer_t...

Also you can stream movies/TV from websites, Here are a couple I use.

quicksilverscreen.com

telsa.liketelevision.com

channelsurfing.net

BTW, Netflix is working on an App for Android.

Journeyman

Hi - I'm trying to convert a movie I bought on itunes to download it onto my evo to watch while flying.  I just bought 'any dvd converter pro' to do the conversion to an mp4 format and it doesn't work.  Any ideas how to do this?  Thx!

Master

Sorry, But the movies purchased through iTunes are DRM protected and can only be played using iTunes, iPods.

Journeyman

Does the phone play DivX format (wrapped in an avi ) ?

Natively that is, with no further conversion.

Tx

Message was edited by: VR_4

Master

With an app yes. "RockPlayer Universal" available from the market playes DivX, There may be others available that do also.

Journeyman

TY!

Journeyman

nice app works perfect on my evo sweet

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat