cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My HTC EVO 4G won't turn on after shutting itself off. How can I get it back on?

Journeyman

My HTC EVO 4G won't turn on after shutting itself off. How can I get it back on?

My phone is doing the same thing. It shut down about 4 hours ago and refuses to come back on. I've charged it (battery was in the yellow when it went down, but was on the charger), tried taking the battery out and leaving it for a few minutes, pressed the darn power button a million and three times and it just refuses to come back on. Although it did flicker the HTC screen a couple times it turned right back off. It's shut down randomly before but it's always come back up decently soon. This is the longest it's ever refused to come back on.

GrandMaster

if you have it plugged into a charger does the LED light on the top left light up and if it does what color is it?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had my phone for over a year now and just had this happen for the first time. The battery that was in it was fully charged when it happened. I tried taking the battery out and turning it on, and that didn't work. Neither did plugging it in and turning it on. Switching batteries did work. However the battery I switched it to was my old one that had mostly quit charging. So I'm hoping that after It charges for a bit, I can put the other one back in and get it to start.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat