cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My HTC EVO 4G won't turn on after shutting itself off. How can I get it back on?

Journeyman

My HTC EVO 4G won't turn on after shutting itself off. How can I get it back on?

My phone turned its self off and won't turn back on. I have removed the battery and it still won't power on.

14 REPLIES
Journeyman

The only scenario I can even think of is that your battery is dead and you need a charger. The only time my EVO turns itself off is if I ignore the dozens of alerts it keeps giving me to charge my phone. Inevitably, the phone really does shuts itself off till you plug a charger

Journeyman

Hello, i do appologize for the troubles with your device. U can try to plug the charger into the phone and keep it plugged in as u turn on the device to see if it will power back on. U can also try a different battery if u have a friend that has the same device as u have, to see if it is a battery issue.  If u know that it is charged and it just doesn't come back on u can take it into the closest sprint phone and repair center to u, to have your battery and also the phone tested. Take your charger in also to verifiy that it is not a issue with your charger if u do go into sprint phone and repair center.  Have a good day.

Journeyman

My son is having the same problem with his phone.  We have been going thur this for 3 weeks.  The first time we went to the sprint store they said it was a bad battery.  We waited a week for them to get one in.  Two days later it was the same thing.  We went back to the sprint store and the took the app killer off and replaced the battery.  Three days later the same thing!  This time the sprint store replaced the phone.  Three days later it happened again!  We went back to the sprint store and they said that he has to many apps running.  That the phone power faster than it can charge.  The gave the battery a jump start and said that we needed to tell our son not to leave so many apps running.  So we came home and told him it was all his fault,  however he said that he did not put these apps on his phone.  He updated it and they all went on there.  I tried myself to turn them off.  They wont let you uninstall and when you force stop, they come right back on.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  This phone just turned off again and wont come back on!

GrandMaster

question. when both of you have the phone plugged in. is the LED light on? and what color is it? the problem might not be the phone or the battery but the cord itself. wouldnt be the first time ive heard of a faulty cord in these threads.

as for the added apps. they were loaded with the last update by sprint and can not be removed. to try to keep them from running go into settings-applications-manage applications and  hit force stop and clear data. that should work for a while. but unfortunatly they are there to stay.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

hello i been having the same problem and i took to the sprint store and they told me to not let the phone complety died cause the system is having trouble recognicing when to charge. so they said when the new update for the system comes out they will fix that. hope this is helpfull.

Journeyman

My phone has just started doing the same thing. I have had it 10 months. It does not have a low battery charge when this happens. The other day, it took 3 hours for it to come back on. i

GrandMaster

have your charging cord tested along with your phone. its possible either the cord or the charging port might have a issue. take it into a sprint repair center and have them look it over

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

My daughter has had her HTC EVO 4G for 6 weeks.  Last night (with more than half a battery) it just shut off.  Now it won't turn on. We have tried all the tricks posted above and a few others searched elsewhere, if this is such a known problem (which it seems to be) why don't they do a recall?

GrandMaster

because there is a list of reasons this could happen. especially with all the random apps out there. alot of apps cause issues like this as well. trying to narrow down the actual cause is the hard part.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.