cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My HTC Evo 4G is the worst phone I have ever owned

Journeyman

My HTC Evo 4G is the worst phone I have ever owned

My Sprint coverage is great, but the phone is a complete loser. I'm on my third battery, and not one of the three is worth the money it would cost to send it back. I even purched the bigger battery that turns my tubby phone into a brick and it still won't hold charge. I've changed cables, chargers etc and the piece of junk still won't hold a charge.

What smart phone has performed well for many of you? I would appreciate any recommendation. Does the Iphone hold a charge any better than the HTC?

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: My HTC Evo 4G is the worst phone I have ever owned

I had an EVO 4G and loved it......  3 years ago.

Now I have the Samsung Epic 4G and love even more

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not sure whats your problem but i bought two aftermarket 1900maH battery from amazon.com ( red ones, Ch*something*tec) they work great.

GrandMaster

i upgraded to a big dog extended battery and usually get about a full day with medium to heavy usage..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have to agree with you. I am on my 3rd Evo 4G because there is constant problems with this phone. The phone doesn't last a month before it starts screwing up. It lags like no other. The keyboard for texting is the worst ive ever seen. It's good if you have god dam kids hands. The screen sucks, my last one started getting dead pixels and it wasn't even a year old. This one has this that looking shit that's inside the screen. There is way more that I can't think of but I'm getting rid of this crap and getting something new when I save up a little cash as I am eligible for my $175 off upgrade. I can't wait to get rid of this. This piece of crap is only worth 20 bucks according to their recycle program.

Journeyman

My wife has this phone, and the same problems. I also bought her the extended battery from Amazon and it still messes up on a routine basis. The Evo 4G is just a buggy as hell phone. I think its a combination of a crappy optimization of Android, and the crappyness of the phone in general.

@giggity. Its worth $34 according to sprint.com, which is the highest price I have seen. Amazon offers like $3, and best buy not much more.

GrandMaster

the only thing i see periodicly on my phone is sence reloading after i have been in a large app that takes up quite a bit of space..aside from that its been a great phone..ive had it since release...same phone..no exchanges or swaps for a new refurbed phone...heck even the same charging port..only things i have added is the much larger battery from seido and i picked up a couple other charging cables..one for my home and one for my truck. aside from that its still running strong

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have to piggyback on this as well.  I have had very minor problem like the time resetting itself, but I found that when I clear the cache, turning the GPS off the HTC performed great.  I have purchased the extended battery from amazon and so far I have gone through the whole day without recharging. But my next phone will be the Samsung Galaxy III.

Journeyman

I have to piggyback on this as well.  I have had very minor problem like the time resetting itself, but I found that when I clear the cache, turning the GPS off the HTC performed great.  I have purchased the extended battery from amazon and so far I have gone through the whole day without recharging. But my next phone will be the Samsung Galaxy III.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat