cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first impressions Froyo on Evo!

Highlighted
Wizard

My first impressions Froyo on Evo!

Yes I did install it, I could not resist.

As a programmer, I like feedback so I can fix the bugs!!

• The apps I tested so far are running fast, no laps
  • New skin for FM Radio. I am getting most of local stations than before and they are all clear
  • Just installed Flash 10.1
  • Using the stock browser or Skyfire beta, I can browse Hulu fine but as before cannot play or watch. I get the friendly … message ‘Unfortunately, this video is not available on your platform. We apologize for your convenience’ my a$s for that
  • Not issue with Sprint TV, resumes nicely after a call
  • Most of the applications run like they are on steroids! Cool for me
  • I like the new security pin lock (From the old Window Mobile days!)

Few little issues so far

• My 16 gig sd card is having same issue as before. Reformat few times
  • Music does not resume automatically after a call. You have to do it manually (sucks). True for Pandora, FM Radio (yes the stock app), but if you are playing the music from your sd card it works fine!
  • Sprint Radio (part of Sprint TV) does not work. I never use it before. Can someone confirm if it’s working now on their Evo? After a while I get the alert ‘Sorry, this channel is temporary unavailable. Please try again.'
  • The market does not show my applications under ‘Downloads’ at first. It only shows Google Maps. If I browse the Market, they are showing as installed (go figure...). After installing Flash 10.1 from the Market, now all my applications are showing
  • Market is slow to load for the first time you run it!
  • Iheartradio not working for now. I will remove it and reinstall. will report on it later!
  • No pinch & zoom in gmail! (No surprise)

My break is over for now and it's time to study and write my paper!

Update 08/02/2010

No check box for selection in GMail.

By default it opens the first email. I don't like it at all.

I want to be able to select the email and delete is without opening it!

I uninstalled Iheartradio, useless at this point. Keep trying to connect and never play

The touch screen appears to be very responsive now.

May be this is just a better version.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

My Gmail always opens the first email by default if accessed through the notifications bar. Its done that since 2.1. If you are having a lot of issues, especially with Flash, just do a factory reset. Everyone should do one after they get Froyo anyway, because a lot of the old stuff you've installed isn't entirely compatible and some old settings don't transfer well. Just factory reset and you should be good to go. If you don't like it, unfortunately, you are stuck with it until the next update. If you are lucky, HTC has made a different update for the OTA and you'll be able to flash that over this one. I've had very few bugs, though this Froyo rom is missing the data backup capability that Google introduced with Froyo. Let's you backup stuff to the cloud, mainly device settings, but any apps built for it can also be backed up in case you have to reset your phone or something. I really hope HTC adds this functionality soon.

Highlighted
Wizard

superlinkx wrote:

My Gmail always opens the first email by default if accessed through the notifications bar. Its done that since 2.1. If you are having a lot of issues, especially with Flash, just do a factory reset. Everyone should do one after they get Froyo anyway, because a lot of the old stuff you've installed isn't entirely compatible and some old settings don't transfer well. Just factory reset and you should be good to go. If you don't like it, unfortunately, you are stuck with it until the next update. If you are lucky, HTC has made a different update for the OTA and you'll be able to flash that over this one. I've had very few bugs, though this Froyo rom is missing the data backup capability that Google introduced with Froyo. Let's you backup stuff to the cloud, mainly device settings, but any apps built for it can also be backed up in case you have to reset your phone or something. I really hope HTC adds this functionality soon.

Thanks for the info.

I just did factory reset and Gmail is acting 'normal', now showing the check box

BTW They moved Factory Reset

From Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset.

To Menu > Settings > SD & Phone Storage > Factory data reset.

Privacy is no longer part of Settings

Enough testing for today. See you

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I know about the Privacy thing missing. I think this is where the data backup would be normally. Hope they add that back in soon. Anyways, glad I could help out.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat