cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix fix for EVO 4G running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know of a fix and/or work around to resolve the issue with the Netflix app on Android 2.3 for the Evo 4G? It also doesn't show up in the Android Market under "My Apps". Please email me @*****************if you know the answer. Thanks.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - removed personal email address

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Wizard

Netflix has been made aware of the issue, so hopefully an update will be issued quickly so we can go back to watching movies on our Evos.

On a side note, you might want to edit your post and remove your email address.  It's never a good idea to post them on public forums.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Alright - This is what worked for me.  Because they are blocking the app because Android 2.3 you can't get the updated app from the market.  The below link is to the wonderful people at XDA.  They have the official market app (the one you need).  Download it and install overtop of your current Netflix app.  Everything will be fine after that.

Link - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1076150

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just want to confirm your post - You have EVO stock with Android 2.3 Gingerbread and the xda patch worked for you? The link you provided has several apks, which one specifically did you install?

Thanks for the tip! Sure would like to get my Netflix working again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can anyone else confirm this.  I really want to upgrade to gingerbread but not at the expense of netflix, been waiting too long for it.  I'm looking for replies for stock (non-rooted) phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay peeps netflix just told me they will be releasing the fix this fri the 17 so ill be waiting

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm sorry but NO this does not work on an evo that has not been rooted with android 2.3.3. Also there at this piont there is no easy to root Android 2.3.3

Highlighted
Journeyman

Netflix used to work on my Evo 4G until SPRINT "updated" the OS to Gingerbread.  I personally think this is a CONSPIRACY by SPRINT because they don't want us to use so much Bandwidth!  Come on SPRINT............You already make us pay $10 a month extra for it not to mention we paid a pretty penny for the phone to begin with (I am already on my 2nd one due to malfunctions) and when we signed up we were getting it.  NOW YOU TAKE IT AWAY?!!  SPRINT puts the PIRACY in CONSPIRACY!!

My Message to SPRINT.......GET your S$&T together or you are going to loose a lot of customers come renewal time!

Journeyman

So far since Netflix is taking their sweet time trying to fix the issue, I went to a Sprint store and received a brand new Evo 4G with stock Android 2.2. Since the Android Market still doesn't give me the app to download directly, I used the link you provided.Just replying to say thanks. Also, the only work around is to either root and install stock 2.2 or get your phone replaced with stock 2.2 on it.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Netflix fix for EVO 4G running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

helps if you read ALL the posts...its a netflix issue. it wasnt ready for the 2.3 on the evo. only the 2.2. they have stated the same thing. its also stated on the htc site as well. and on the very first post in the thread about the update even coming out for gingerbread.

UPDATE:

Netflix

• According to the Netflix website the EVO 4G is supported only when running Android 2.2.  Sprint and Netflix are working together to resolve this.

http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevicesDetails?lnkce=nrd-d&pdid=587&lnkctr=nrd-d-n-587-netflixfor...

also someone above you said it should be fixed by this friday... which means you'll have to update the netflix app once its available.

Message was edited by: fireguy_63

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Netflix fix for EVO 4G running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

We should all aspire to be as perfect as fireguy_63

I guess not all of us have time to be as dedicated to this site as he is to leave 517 posts since 2/16/2011!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just decided to cancel Netflix.  Maybe I will return when they fix it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat