Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Network Problem?

I'm not sure what happened..

I did the software update last evening on my phone, and now it seems the network is having issues??
I don't think that these two things have anything in common, and I have other friends that have Sprint that are facing the same issues.

I am in Canyon, TX, is there a network problem??

I cannot make phone call (not even to Sprint) and some messages aren't going through.  The "3G" icon that is usually seen by my service status bar isn't there anymore, I think that might be a clue??

Anyone with answers or help would be greatly appreciated!!

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
GrandMaster

have you done any of the usuals? pull the battery for a couple minutes then power it back on and update your profile and prl?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

actually if its happening to more than one person its a problem with the towers in your area and not the phones. call into sprint and find out whats happening and how long it will take to fix.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem and haven't done the update.  I have turned my phone off and took the battery out, cleared texts, cache...everything. 

Highlighted
Wizard

We are having network issues in TX around Amarillo, Wichita Falls and Lubbock. Both voice and data connections are being affected. This was caused by an underground fiber optic line being cut. We do not have a estimated fix time yet. Sorry about the inconvenience!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Who cut the line?

Highlighted
Wizard

That information has not been released.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Having severe network problems since 8/27. Signal shows as available but call do not get connected (Both incoming and outgoing) nor do SMS message come in /go out. In the California, 90403 (Santa Monica) area

Highlighted
Journeyman

should this cut line affect folks on the east coast like in Washington DC.  I am having the same issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife and I are both having the same problems with our phones...we live in San Antonio, Texas.

At first we thought it was our phones, we did the updates and all, but we keep receiving the following message:

"Radio Interface Resource Shortage SMS Error, Cause Code:64 Class Code:2"

Our calls get dropped frequently, and our text messages won't go through sometimes. Also, the 3G at the top of our screens is gone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still out here in Santa Monica

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am getting that same message "Radio Interface" since I got the phone back in March.  I am not receiving text messages until hours - sometimes 5 to 7 hours - after the person had originally sent them.  I just called because its now been days and the time delay seems to be getting worse.  She said she reset my messging, sent me a test text, obviously worked, and now I have to wait until tomorrow to see if I still have the problem.  It seems to only be happening during the day.  I alo no longer have my 3G icon on the top bar.  I cannot access the internet on my phone - I cannot recieve my aol mail - yet my gmail comes through fine.. It's all very confusing - and for the money I pay I expect my service to work - or at least someone to be able to tell me there is something wrong.  I can work with a "cut wire" if thats the issue - I get that - but this I cannot. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat