ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Epic 4G

Journeyman

New Epic 4G

I upgraded my son's phone today to an Epic 4G and the rep at the Sprint store copied all of his contacts from his old phone to the new one. Now if my son tries to text someone he gets the error that he has to use a 10 digit number (with his old phone he did not need to). So he edited his contact list with the 10 digit numbers and he is still getting the same error message. He deleted the contact and any related old texts and created a new contact. Same error.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

New Epic 4G

Have one of your son's contacts send a text message and see what the number is, 7 or 10 digit. Also, the standard battery pull and profile update. I will continue to search for a solution.

Journeyman

New Epic 4G

I sent him a text message and the reply did the same thing. Did the *2 update as well as a battery pull. We did get it to work once, but then it stopped.

Journeyman

New Epic 4G

Might be worth syncing those contacts with a google account then doing a restore. Any time I have issues like that a restore usually does it and this way you'll be able to get back the contacts.

Journeyman

New Epic 4G

How about just removing your SD CARD and you don't lose contacts, pics, calendar appointments etc.and do a factory reset.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat