Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Media Volume Control

Journeyman

No Media Volume Control

After bluetooth syncing my EVO to my work Blackberry to transfer contacts, I've lost volume control through the headphone jack. The volume is full blast and though the bar adjust, there's still no change in sound. Now over the speaker I can adjust the volume as well as the ringer level, just nothing when I have headphones in. A slight inconvenience since I just bought some Beats Studios and they've become useless until I fix this issue.

I've unpaired and deleted the blackberry, never had a bluetooth earpiece or been connected to a bluetooth speaker or car system. I imagine the EVO thinks it's transfering the audio to a speaker device and is stuck in that mode. I've updated firmware, profile, PRL and HTC's software since. Restarted the phone and battery pulled. Short of hard restting my phone, are there any options? I really don't want to reset it because I have Launcher Pro as my home screen and all of my icons meticulous set where I can access them without searching. I'll be heading into the Sprint store to see if they have a solution but I also want to see if there's anybody here with answers.

My other problem is that when I answer the phone, it automatically goes to speakerphone. "Flip for speaker", "Pocket Mode" and Quiet ring on pick up" is turned off.

I'm assuming all of this has to do with a bluetooth software bug.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Master

No Media Volume Control

I so appreciate your logical explanation of this issue. You have followed all of the steps I would have come up with - maybe the store has seen this but I have not on the forums. You have already answered (Hard Reset) your question with the most likely resolution. Android and Bluetooth really need to work together more efficiently.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat