cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound for incoming texts

Highlighted
Journeyman

No sound for incoming texts

I dont get anymore sounds for incoming texts.  The Notification button is checked and the only sounds available are downloaded ringtones which are too long.  Can I edit them so they are shorter or can I download text tones?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: No sound for incoming texts

You must use the default tones as they are embedded and assined for the notifications systems developmental packages within the HTC.Use the ones that came with phone, or use vibrate, or set for blinking green light for notification. save the frustrations.

Journeyman

bgjon56 wrote:

I dont get anymore sounds for incoming texts.  The Notification button is checked and the only sounds available are downloaded ringtones which are too long.  Can I edit them so they are shorter or can I download text tones?

Yes you can edit them if you'd like or you can download new text tones.  Once downloaded place them on your SD card in the folder:

media > audio > notifications

If you have any further questions regarding how to shorten your ringtones, what apps to use, or transferring via windows, etc. please let me know.

Journeyman

questions.  I have been able to download music onto my phone, I use some of them for my personal ringtones but have no idea how to edit them to make shorter for text tones.  I have downloded the app Zedge for some tones but they are too long also.  Where do you go just to download text tones?  I guess my biggest problem is that I cant sync my phone to my computer, I have the new download, but it wont sync up.

Journeyman

I have downled the app Zedge for some tones, but they seem to be too long for texting and doesnt seem anyway possible to edit them.  I have some music now on my phone that I was able to put on via Windows Media Player, and I use some for my ringtones, but am not able to use any for my text tones.  I am NOT able to sync my phone to my computer and I have tried everything, still get the message of not able to sync.  So if you have any suggestions how I can use the existing music I have on my phone for some shorter text tones, Please help.  Or is there another app I can use to download just text tones?

Journeyman

After running some tests, YES there is a way you can do it.  Download an application such as ASTRO or Linda file manager.  Once you have it downloaded, browse to the area where your ringtones or sounds are kept.

Copy the file (depends on which file manager you have but normally you'd do the following)  by long pressing the file and selecting copy  (or edit/copy).

Then navigate back to the root folder and then media> audio > notifications.  (if there isn't one, create new folders or just a "notifications" folder in the root should work) 

Press menu and paste (or edit/paste), or some may require you to longpress inside the folder and paste, whichever way works.

Voila! That should do the trick!  Let me know if that works for you!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat