cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voicemails, but an SMS text about a Sprint Voice Message?

Journeyman

My phone stopped receiving voicemails a couple weeks ago, but I started to receive SMS messages from 9016 that say "//ANDROID: ###-#### has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call 408-970-000 to listen." and then just a bunch of random numbers and letters. When I call the number, it says I have no messages even though the texts say that I do.

Can anybody help me??

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES
Journeyman

Same problem here with Evo 4G

Journeyman

Okay, I figured out that my problem may have been caused by Handcent,  I backed it up and uninstalled it.

Then I went to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All, Voice Mail, and then select Clear Data.

That cured the problem.

I then reinstalled Handcent, though this time without having it disable the built in messaging, and everything works again. ( I am unsure if the Clear Data alone would have worked, so try that first.)

Highlighted
Wizard

Hello!

This is a common issue with a few of the third party text message handling apps. People have created a thread with some resolutions for the different apps.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/305035#305035

If you haven't installed a third party app for Text Messaging, please let me know so we can get it checked out for you.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.