cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voicemails, but an SMS text about a Sprint Voice Message?

Journeyman

My phone stopped receiving voicemails a couple weeks ago, but I started to receive SMS messages from 9016 that say "//ANDROID: ###-#### has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call 408-970-000 to listen." and then just a bunch of random numbers and letters. When I call the number, it says I have no messages even though the texts say that I do.

Can anybody help me??

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES
Journeyman

Same problem here with Evo 4G

Journeyman

Okay, I figured out that my problem may have been caused by Handcent,  I backed it up and uninstalled it.

Then I went to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All, Voice Mail, and then select Clear Data.

That cured the problem.

I then reinstalled Handcent, though this time without having it disable the built in messaging, and everything works again. ( I am unsure if the Clear Data alone would have worked, so try that first.)

Highlighted
Wizard

Hello!

This is a common issue with a few of the third party text message handling apps. People have created a thread with some resolutions for the different apps.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/305035#305035

If you haven't installed a third party app for Text Messaging, please let me know so we can get it checked out for you.