cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Texts or Calls on HTC EVO 4G

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can make calls and send texts, but I can NOT receive them.. I am NOT happy, this is my 5th phone with Sprint in 2 months. The Epic had similar but worse issues. I do NOT have the Google Voice on my phone.. I have contracts coming up for renewal and I may NOT renew..I just might cancel all 4 of my lines.. I have been a customer for over 13 years and havent had a problem and NOW I have a problem.. I am highly angry... SPRINT, please advise before I leave you.............

8 REPLIES 8
GrandMaster

is the evo the only phone having the problems or all 4 of them? for texting are you using the stock one or a 3rd party like handcent or gosms?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I had very similar issues with the Epic, I have the EVO now that is having the problem. I talked to Sprint and they did a system reset, not factory. And it now appears to work, but this happens almost everyday.....I do not have time to waste on the phone 45 minutes or longer everyday to have them reset it.. WHY is this happening.

mowens0228,

If you have had the issue on multiple devices than more than likely it is not the device but more likely something to do with your account or service.  I will send you a private message to see if we can figure out what the issue is.

-Ron

GrandMaster

Re: Not Receiving Texts or Calls on HTC EVO 4G

alot of the time when your traveling your phone is switching from one tower to another. at times it can actually get stuck on one tower. most of the time though when your going from tower to tower its pulling along your information. sometimes some of that information might not jump with it to the next tower.

you can actually do the same thing if you pull your battery for a couple minutes and repower it back up. update your profile and prl and you should be fine.

have you had any other issues with the othe phones currently that you have or just the evo and the one you had prior to it? if its happening to all the phones youre currently running then its more than likely a tower issue. if its one phone then obviously the tower isnt the issue

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I'm a new Sprint customer. I have the same problem receiving calls with Evo 4G. Every time someone calls me, it says to press 1 to receive the call. The badder case is the voice tells the caller 'the phone you dialed is blah blah blah' so my contact hanged up even before i have a chance to press 1 to receive the call. It's not very convenient for me, and i got not much time to drop by a Sprint branch. Pls somebody tell me something to fix it.

Journeyman

I currently am having the same issue, with the exception that it only started 2 days ago. Since then I have not recieved a single text message.  I can send them but cannot receive them. I have done a factory data reset and still cannot receive texts. I have updated my profile and PRL... I called sprint and all they suggested was to remove the battery and try sending myself a text.  I can send just fine.  any suggestions will help.

GrandMaster

do you happen to be signed into google voice mail to text or anything like that? a few people have had all their messages get hung up in there and not actually make it to their phone.

Journeyman

IF YOU ARE HAVING THESE ISSUES, CALL SPRINT, NOW!!! APPARENTLY WHEN YOU GET AN ANDROID OR SMART PHONE, OR IPHONE, YOUR ACCOUNT IS GIVEN AN INTERNAL "PHONE" NUMBER AND AN EXTERNAL PHONE NUMBER. WELL, MY PHONE IS OFFICIALLY FIXED AFTER, 2 MONTHS AND 5 PHONES LATER.. THEY CHANGED THE "INTERNAL" NUMBER.. IT WAS DEFECTED.. THIS WILL NOT EFFECT YOUR PHONE NUMBER THAT YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY CALL YOU ON...

SPRINT NEVER SUGGESTED THIS UNTIL I WENT INTO A CORPORATE REPAIR CENTER AND THE REP RAN A CHECK ON THE ENTIRE PHONE AND SYSTEM AND THIS WAS THE ONLY OTHER THING... SHE CONTACTED CORPORATE AND TOLD THEM TO CHANGE THE NUMBER... YAY!!

MY PHONE NOW WORKS... GOOD LUCK!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat