cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official announcement for Gingerbread on Evo

Wizard

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-by-sprint/announcements/blog/2011/06/02/h...

HTC EVO™ 4G from Sprint will receive the Android™ 2.3, Gingerbread, update through an over-the-air maintenance release beginning on Monday, June 6.

Sprint will send update notifications to users in waves. The notification will let users know the update is available and provide the simple two-step, over-the-air download instructions.

1. Users will receive a notification that Android 2.3 is available for download.

2. Once the user has downloaded the update, they will be prompted to install the update. The user will be notified that their device will be disabled during the installation process. The phone will be ready to use once the process completes.

Can't Wait Until June 6?

For those who just can’t wait to get Android 2.3, there will be an easy user initiated option to download the upgrade starting on Friday, June 3. To access the update – from the home screen/Menu/Settings/System updates/HTC software Update. This will initiate the upgrade process.

The software release upgrades HTC EVO 4G to Android 2.3, Gingerbread. This version of Android improves download management through the Downloads application, offering the user easy access to any file downloaded from the browser, email or another application. It also fixes the devices ability to stream media through certain applications for the device.

Gingerbread restores HTC EVO 4G’s ability to sync multiple Gmail™ accounts, display email attachments in the email client and fixes battery discharge issues.

7 REPLIES
Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess we'll know what verson of Sense is in the update tomorrow.

Journeyman

I pray we get 2.x version of Sense. It would be nice to have a flip clock that actually flips.

The HTC hub on the Arrive has a really nice flip clock. It's based on 2.x Sense.

GrandMaster

i forgot...was it the 2.2 update or the one from sprint that gave everyone problems? now im wondering if i should hold off for a while and see what all happens after everyone downloads it most likely tomorrow lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No, because 2.2 was released to the EVO in August of 2010. The big update that caused so many problems was the Dec. 2010 update that brought us such great (and useful I might add) apps like Nova and Blockbuster.

GrandMaster

Re: Official announcement for Gingerbread on Evo

neither of which i have even opened.

the second one was from htc as well though wasnt it? i know alot of people pointed fingers but if you look at i think it was the thunderbolt its also loaded with blockbuster and a few others that we have on here.

i'll be out of town working so i think i just might wait until the monday OTA to see how its working out.

also i cant remember where i read it in here but i could have sworn someone said something about HTC unlocking the locked bloatware. not quite sure if that means we will be able to delete that added stuff or what..would be nice though.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The EVO will keep the same version of Sense.
HTC has stated that only newer more powerful phones like the EVO 3D will be getting Sense 3.0.

Wizard

This thread is being locked.  Please post comments regarding the upgrade in this thread:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/69368?tstart=0

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.