cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Apps not visable in MARKET - New SPRINT HTC EVO 4G (USA)

Paid Apps not visable in MARKET - New SPRINT HTC EVO 4G (USA)

I unboxed and activated my new Sprint HTC EVO 4G yesterday, everything works great EXCEPT the "Paid Apps" sections within the market are not showing up.

I can see paid apps as search results and I can even purchase apps. I just cannot see the "Top Paid" sections within each area of the Market.

I have spent over 2 hours on the phone with Sprint Tech Support, and ended up performing a "Factory Data Reset", only to have the same behavior reoccur. The tech gave up and told me to go replace the handset at the store I purchased it from... (good luck with that...)

HTC EVO.jpg

I can still access the Market on my original Android G1, with the same google account, so it appears that something is mis-configured on my Sprint HTC EVO 4G.

Anyone have any ideas?

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Paid Apps not visable in MARKET - New SPRINT HTC EVO 4G (USA)

More Detal:

Used a handy logcat application to capture the exception that ocures whenever I attempt to access the Market.

logcat data
D/vending ( 9486): com.android.vending.BaseActivity$BaseAction.run(): ApiException:
D/vending ( 9486): com.android.vending.api.ApiException: Error from backend. Request=com.android.vending.model.AssetRequest, Response=INTERNAL_SERVICE_ERROR
D/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestDispatcher.readResponses(RequestDispatcher.java:290)
D/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestDispatcher.performRequestsOverNetwork(RequestDispatcher.java:224)
D/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestDispatcher.performRequests(RequestDispatcher.java:174)
D/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestManager.doRequestsOverNetwork(RequestManager.java:244)
D/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestManager.doRequests(RequestManager.java:230)
D/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.BaseActivity$BaseAction.run(BaseActivity.java:1601)
D/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.BaseActivity$BaseAction$BackgroundThread$1.run(BaseActivity.java:1682)
D/vending ( 9486): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1102)
E/vending ( 9486): com.android.vending.InitializeMarketAction$MetadataAndDownloadsAction.abortOnServerError(): Server error in InitializeMarketAction:
E/vending ( 9486): com.android.vending.api.ApiException: Error from backend. Request=com.android.vending.model.AssetRequest, Response=INTERNAL_SERVICE_ERROR
E/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestDispatcher.readResponses(RequestDispatcher.java:290)
E/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestDispatcher.performRequestsOverNetwork(RequestDispatcher.java:224)
E/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestDispatcher.performRequests(RequestDispatcher.java:174)
E/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestManager.doRequestsOverNetwork(RequestManager.java:244)
E/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestManager.doRequests(RequestManager.java:230)
E/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.BaseActivity$BaseAction.run(BaseActivity.java:1601)
E/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.BaseActivity$BaseAction$BackgroundThread$1.run(BaseActivity.java:1682)
E/vending ( 9486): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1102)
D/vending ( 9486): com.android.vending.BaseActivity$BaseAction.run(): ApiException:
D/vending ( 9486): com.android.vending.api.ApiException: Error from backend. Request=com.android.vending.model.AssetRequest, Response=INTERNAL_SERVICE_ERROR
D/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestDispatcher.readResponses(RequestDispatcher.java:290)
D/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestDispatcher.performRequestsOverNetwork(RequestDispatcher.java:224)
D/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestDispatcher.performRequests(RequestDispatcher.java:174)
D/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestManager.doRequestsOverNetwork(RequestManager.java:244)
D/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestManager.doRequests(RequestManager.java:230)
D/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.BaseActivity$BaseAction.run(BaseActivity.java:1601)
D/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.BaseActivity$BaseAction$BackgroundThread$1.run(BaseActivity.java:1682)
D/vending ( 9486): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1102)
E/vending ( 9486): com.android.vending.InitializeMarketAction$MetadataAndDownloadsAction.abortOnServerError(): Server error in InitializeMarketAction:
E/vending ( 9486): com.android.vending.api.ApiException: Error from backend. Request=com.android.vending.model.AssetRequest, Response=INTERNAL_SERVICE_ERROR
E/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestDispatcher.readResponses(RequestDispatcher.java:290)
E/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestDispatcher.performRequestsOverNetwork(RequestDispatcher.java:224)
E/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestDispatcher.performRequests(RequestDispatcher.java:174)
E/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestManager.doRequestsOverNetwork(RequestManager.java:244)
E/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.api.RequestManager.doRequests(RequestManager.java:230)
E/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.BaseActivity$BaseAction.run(BaseActivity.java:1601)
E/vending ( 9486): at com.android.vending.BaseActivity$BaseAction$BackgroundThread$1.run(BaseActivity.java:1682)
E/vending ( 9486): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1102)
I/DumpStateReceiver(   90): Added state dump to 1 crashes
I/DumpStateReceiver(   90): Added state dump to 1 crashes

Any tips?

Highlighted
Master

It sounds to me like an issue with your Google account, not something related to Sprint/EVO in particular. I would recommend posting or searching around Google's forums.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market?hl=en

Highlighted

I have crossposted to the goodle market forums as well. There are several post there about the same problem.

When I log into the market on my original G1 with the same account, the market's "Top Paid" tab displays correctly.

The Sprint Tech Support rep I spoke with suspects that the region code or development code is set incorrectly, and that the option is not part of the settings configured when a factory data reset is performed.

It looks like I have to go deal with Best Buy to get a replacement handset, and hope for the best.

😞

Not off to a good start.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Correct - either your phone is misconfigured or the Google Market is having (another) problem.

If others are reporting the same thing on the Google forums, that leads me to believe that there may be a systematic issue with the Google market.  Before you return your phone, wait a few days and see if Google clears anything up on the Google marketplace.

Thanks, and sorry for the headache!

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Had the same issue until today. I saw that its been affecting a few users on multiple phones including and mostly the nexus one. Something causes a bad profile file in the market. The way I fixed it was to push a new xml file to /data/app-(something)/com.android.vending/shared-(something)/. I'll leave a link at the end of this post. You need a file manager with access to the phone's file system (I use root manager) and possibly be rooted. I can't remember for sure, but I don't think you can edit the data partition of the device.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=700585 talks about issues and a possible fix (didn't work for me)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=716100&page=3 talks about fix in post 27 which goes to:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=13.

I recommend going to each link in order. Look at all the fixes and of course, you can always try to get help on those forums. Good luck!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat