cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone automatically switching to 4G & Wireless

Journeyman

Phone automatically switching to 4G & Wireless

Hey all.

My EVO 4G phone has been acting up strangly recently. It turns on 4G & wireless randomly on it own, for no reason. It's draining my battery, requiring more charging.

Does anyone have any idea, as to why this is happening?

I have done several reboots, software updates, battery removal, the works. NOTHING.

Please help

5 REPLIES
Master

Re: Phone automatically switching to 4G & Wireless

So sorry that you having issue with your device! I would suggest you to turn off 4G services from Menu- settings-wireless& network-4g -uncheck 4G. Also turn off wifi from wireless and network menu also turn off Network Notification under wifi settings. Let me know.

Abe

Journeyman

They are off. I turn them on/off manually.

What is happening, is my phone is turning them on, on it's own, at random.

Master

With one of the last updates Sprint Connections Optimizer was installed, You have to disable that by selecting Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Automatic Connections and unchecking Sprint Automatic Connections.

GrandMaster

its due to the connections optimizer that came with the last update. it pulls for the strongest connection. when it doesnt receive a connection it will turn itself off and only search randomly every half hour or so...if youre good at turning your connections off when you leave those areas then you can go into settings-wireless and networks-mobile networks-scroll to the bottom and you'll see automatic connections..uncheck that and youre back to how it was before.

maunaually turning them off while the automatic connections is still checked will only shut them off for a short time..then the system resets and it goes right back to doing it again.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Finally.

That setting sucks.

I chatted with a Sprint tech online, and he/she didn't tell me about that.

How annoying.

Thanks, y'all.