cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone turns off after full battery charge

Journeyman

Phone turns off after full battery charge

I always put my evo on charger at night. Lately is has been fully charging but turning itself off during the night which makes the alarm useless!! I have tried the reset, battery pull and factory reset routines and nothing seems to help. Any one have any ideas?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: Phone turns off after full battery charge

the factory reset youre talking about put your phone right back to stock correct? where you have nothing on the phone except what it came with when you bought it?

when it shuts down is this while its plugged in or after you unplug it? if its the later then im thinking its a battery issue. pull your battery and examine it closely...see if its slightly bloated..if anything lay it on a flat table and see if you can wobble it...then flip it over and check the other side..

post what you see

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes the restore was to factory. The phone shuts down before I unplug. When I turn it back on it is completely charged. Battery looks fine...I have ordered a replacement though to see if that could be the problem.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

does the battery seem to have less and less life to it. does this happen while its NOT plugged in and charging or only while its on the charger at night? im wondering if the phone itself is possibly overheating while on the charger and eventually shutting itself down. have you ever noticed the LED light flashing green/amber?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.