Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Post Release 4.22.651.2 Issues Here

Journeyman

Please Post Release 4.22.651.2 Issues Here

I thought I would start a new discussion regarding issues with the 4.22.651.2(Android OS 2.3.3) release in a separate discussion. This is in an effort to track down why some people are having issues and some are having none.

Edit: Maintenance update 4.24.651.1 coming 6/20/2011

I thought posting in a separate discussion the nature of your issue, along with your hardware version would be helpful in tracking down the cause of these issues. This is found in your main settings menu(Setting>About phone>Hardware information>Hardware version). This is not to say that this correlates at all with these issues, but it is a good place to start.

Please post the following in an effort to consolidate all complaints into a discussion which focuses strictly on this issues that are present with the 4.22.651.2(Android OS 2.3.3) maintenance update.

1. Your hardware version (found in Settings>About phone>Hardware information>Hardware version)
  2. If Factory Reset was performed (Settings>SD & phone storage>Factory data reset)
  3. Complaint or lack thereof
  4. Also, do you use any task killers from market?

Please be warned that if I do not think your post has followed the guidelines stated above, it will be removed. This is strictly to maintain a bare bones discussion which only contains relevant information with chatting between members removed. Please try to keep your posts direct and with only relevant information. Thanks.

81 REPLIES 81
Journeyman

Should work as before and DOES work after are two completely different things. It works, but only if there's 0 noise. You can tell that just by looking at the mic icon on the screen when speaking - it gets to maybe 5% even if you scream at it.

Journeyman

any folks with Hardware version 0002 or 0004 having these problems? I have 0004 and, aside from the wireless N issue, I'm not having any other issues with the update. Most of what I'm seeing is issues with the update on hardware version 0003 devices, in this thread. That's odd. Surely there isn't that big of difference between hardware versions, is there?

Journeyman

Hardware V0003

Have not performed factory reset

1. V-mail notification won't go away

2. All apps are MUCH slower to load and perform sluggishly

3. I have 2 separate email accounts with the same domain.  It merged the inboxes, meaning emails from one showed up in the other. If I delete from one box is doesn't disappear from the other but force closes if I try to open.

4. Random text messages showing read before I open them

5. LED notification pretty much stays on all the time.

6. Personalizations are slow to load, displays default wallpaper, etc.

Please offer a roll back!!!

Wizard

HV:  0003

Updated at 10 a.m. on June 3, as soon as it was released.

For some reason, I have tried to get my phone to do all of these things people are posting, and it won't.  I just tried my voice to text again, driving 75 mph down I-65 and it worked fine as always.  I never had one false voicemail notification, my LED still blinks for messages etc. and is red when charging, then green when charged.  I have a ton of apps on my phone along with about a thousand songs, and the only thing that has a problem is Netflix, and we all know why that is.  I have better battery life than I did with 2.2.  No dissapearing keyboard, either.  My Sense doesn't reset, and my phone hasn't locked up once.  Phone runs flawlessly.  I had to be among the first to update, because I was checking about every half hour that morning while I was waiting to go to work.  Then, it was available a little before 10 a.m., so I downloaded it, went to work, and it's been great ever since.

Journeyman

A lot fo the same issues as everyone else...

Comapss does not work

Sense reloads - notice it happens mostly after a phone call and closing (backbutton or home) the dialer.

Notification volume will not work with 'Use incomming call volume for notifications'

Using the Bookmark widget sometimes launches the wrong bookmark.

Battery - worse than before

Slow, slow, slow...

On the 'I don't like side' - I hate the new muted colors of the Gmail notification icon, it makes it difficult to see in the notification bar.

GrandMaster

so far all in all 2 people have done a factory reset and still have their problems.7 have not factory reset it, and 4 not quite sure.

the majority of the aboves are on v3

is there really any difference between the versions 2-4?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

1.  Missed call notifications won't clear.  They used to clear automatically when I would go to the call history.  Now I have to go to the status bar and clear them.

2.  A super annoying green teardrop-shaped text marker has appeared when I type.  Makes me want to throw the Evo off the 45th floor!

3.  Once in a while, the phone "re-loads" when I go from screen to screen.

Journeyman

Oh, and one more...

4.  Text messages are all messed up (time more so than date). 

Journeyman

1. Hardware Version 0004

2. No factory reset since the update

3. Only issue I have noticed is that the mail app widget on the home screen frequently does not update the unread message count in the icon even after forcing a sync or restarting the phone.  I have not experienced many of the other frequently mentioned issues (voice mail notification, sense restarts, excessive battery usage, etc).

4. No task killers installed

Journeyman

HW Version: 0004

Factory Reset:  Yes

Task Killers:  Nope

As an additional data point, my phone was a new unit received from the Sprint warehouse exactly a week after the OTA dropped.  It came preloaded with 4.22.651.2.

My previous phone (a launch day Evo) started having USB port issues shortly after the OTA was released.  I had been holding off on the upgrade, as I suspected there would be a few issues.  Unfortunately, my replacement device shipped with the latest ROM.  EVOwned.

Issues described below occurred before any third party apps were installed.  A hard reset was performed for the hell of it, but the issues remain unchanged:

1) Compass is erratic and unusable.  Actually I expect the whole magnetometer is wacky.  The few apps I've tried that make use of it seem to be receiving erroneous data.

2) Call history no longer shows call duration.  Prior to the update, details of the call including duration could be accessed by tapping the... um... phone+square/card/thing icon on the right of the log entry.  Duration information is no longer present.

3) Netflix:  This one was a real bummer.  We waited years for a netflix android app.  Finally it happens, we have it for a couple of weeks... and GB pwns it.  What a buzz-kill.

4) Apps that make use of android media/streaming interface seem to be having problems connecting or bad audio.

5) 3G data:  Randomly goes off in the weeds and slows to a crawl.  As in dialup slow.  This happens in multiple areas with full signal (all known good coverage areas).  Disconnect/reconnect mobile network doesn't help, nor does disconnect/reconnect 3G radio.  Data speeds return to normal after a time of waiting.  Rebooting seems to get things going as well.     

Edit:  According to traffic in other forums, this may be a regional thing. I am within the area in question.  Also, earlier in the day I happened to catch a roam on verizon's network during one of these 'hiccups', and it instantly went away.  Kinda funny thing is, the only reason I noticed the roaming was... well, it was quite a lot faster than sprint 3G normally is (I don't think I've cracked the 2mbit mark on 3G since I've had my Sprint service).

The UI is faster/smoother though. At least there is that.  Oh and the battery does seem to last longer. Although really that's not too impressive of a feat - my laptop battery would last a lot longer too if I disabled a chunk if its features.

Edit: I haven't sent back my old Evo yet, so I figured I'd load the update on it. Before doing so, I confirmed that the issues I listed were not present in Froyo.  After the update, all of the issues I mentioned in this post are seen on the old Evo, except for the 3G data thing (which may be an entirely unrelated matter, see above).  For the record, the old phone is a version 0002.  It hasn't been hard reset yet, but I intend to before I ship it back. I'll update this should the hard reset produce any information worth mentioning.

Journeyman

Hardware V0003  

Android Version 2.3.3      4.22.651.2

Factory Reset: No

Use Advanced Task Killer

1. New voicemail notifaction  sounds and shows new voicemail (6) about every half hour. After manually removing icon, it just happens again.

2. After killing the new TeleNav GPS Navigator with ATK, it just restarts again right away. Same thing happens when I try to force close. This program has run the whole time since I upgraded. People say you don't need ATK anymore since the Froyo update, however I don't see another way to kill apps without going through and force closing every one which doesn't make sense because they still open right up again! If anyone knows another way can you please respond?

3. Battery is definatly draining faster and I haven't even talked much at all since the upgrade. One thing is that when checking the "Battery Use", 'Dialer' comes up as the second most used item with 28%. I don't know what exactly that is but I've never seen it use that much of the battery before.

-Sense reloads randomly

-Icon pics missing or slow to load

-LED notifaction is erratic

-Bubble wallpaper for a few seconds on startup

-Swype has been working for me.

GrandMaster

if youre using the stock text app then its a known issue with google. been ongoing for quite a while now. switch up to a 3rd party text app for the time being. handcent is pretty well known and used through these forums and works great.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat