ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help - why can't I send MMS via text msg?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please help - why can't I send MMS via text msg?

Upgraded my HTC EVO to HTC 4G LTE. On my EVO I had no problem at all sending mms images in text. This phone won't send them at all. I get the same message "unsupported format" and these are jpg! If it doesn't support jpg, what in the world does it support?

I also tried downloading Handcent and it won't send pictures, either.

This isn't an upgrade in my book and if/when I return this HTC, it's my last HTC. The other one ran out of space but otherwise was a good phone.

Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Please help - why can't I send MMS via text msg?

Are the images you are trying to send ones you took on the device or that you moved on to the device from an other source?   Have you tried taking a low resolution photo and tried to send that through messaging?  Are you able to recieve messages on the device? Can you share the photos through other methods?

Journeyman

Re: Please help - why can't I send MMS via text msg?

I can receive images, but not send them.

The images I have tried to send have been both photos from my device's camera as well as images I downloaded. One is a very low kb drawing. I have tried making them small with picsay pro and still no go; I keep getting the same error message.Per the error message, the issue is that the phone doesn't support jpg. I can't believe it but if it's true, it's an absolute deal breaker, drat it!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat